Zebee,
I don't use os2007 anymore. I remember reading that when you reflash back to os2007 it creates a lot of problems because hidden files get left behind even when you reflash. Fanoush commented that hidden files are left behind so that the process is simplified on your next update. I would reflash to os2008 and then add os2007 on removeable card. I don't know if that would cause problems with PIM software. No easy solution bro.
I'm going to probably be in your predicament when they upgrade os2008 to os2009!
I would PM Fanoush. He created the dual boot.

Bun,
If you want to get 4gb or more on your 16gb card follow my simple alternate instructions on this thread several people have PM me and put on thread that they have 4gb on 16gb cards running(see previous page) using my calculations. The two main obstacles are calculating the exact memory partition size based on your true total available memory(memory manager) and removing apps that conflict with the install of the dual boot process(osso status bar kept interfering with my install). BTW KDE is awesome now with 16gb cards on dual boot!
Bun, have you gotten VNC running?
Dan

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Dan,

I think you must be travelling too much. You should spend energy to help make 2007 and 2008 dual boot rather than teaching bun "to follow your simple instructions" on dual boot. OMG!

bun

Bun,

If I had a need for os2007 I would PM Fanoush and he would either tell me yes or no and that would be the end of it. I'm not an expert, nor do I have the time to become one. Zebee has a real need with PIM and I feel for him because I will be in that position when os2009 comes out. Zebee states that the developer of PIM will not be porting it to os2008. Not much room to manuever. I'm not an expert so I can only recommend other experts and defer to them. Same with the 16gb partition. My instructions are from experts (Milhouse, fanoush, Pronuke, Schmott and you). I only simplified the instructions that they and you provided. I take no credit other than putting it on this thread for others that may need it. I'm not teaching anyone, pointing out shortcut and tricks that that the experts gave me is all I'm doing. Nothing more nothing less. lol, Dan

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Chicago
I have recently got my N800 and I have installed OS2008 on it. Its working fine. I was trying to access my Laptop (windows XP Media center edition) shared files from N800, to do so I have opened File manager and found few other network machines/folder but not mine laptop. I have turned off my Norton Internet Security Firewall (windows firewall is already tured off by default, since its using Norton firewall), then tried it again but could not see my sahred files/folder from laptop. However I can see the same shared folders from other Laptop/Machine (windows XP) and even from my Archos 604wifi.

My laptop is listed in "workgroup" (not in domain), I have full privilges on my user ID on laptop.

Could somebody help me to get the network shared files from my laptop on N800. I don't know why its not listing my sahred folders in "file manager".

I also wanted to reverse, I mean if I could access my N800 from my Laptop, is it possible? I appreciate your help.

Thanks.
Arun.

arunchowdhary,

If I understand you correctly you are trying to connect n800 to your PC xp.
If that is what you are trying to do then.
You will need to install TightVNC on your PC with xp, get it here:

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...N800_armel.deb

Install instructions are included and very easy.
Then on the n800 you will need VNC viewer, install directly from Application manager.
The most important part is getting IP address of PC machine and n800. Set up password for both and you are up and running in a few minutes. This setup will not play audio or movie files for that you will need other apps, look in these threads for help with that. I have not attempted that yet.
Hope this helps, Dan

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Chicago
Thanks Dan,

I am trying to connect my PC with n800 for file sharing only not for remote desktop. I guess TightVNC will allow me to remote for both side, am I right.

I want to just share my files in file manager/explorer both side.

thanks,
Arun.

To see and download files from PC to n800 you will need to install x11vnc. TightVNC is only for viewing PC desktop from n800. I have not tried x11vnc but people here like it. Hope this helps, Dan

http://mike.saunby.googlepages.com/x....3-1_armel.deb

This thread might help you more on file sharing in windows.

http://internettablettalk.com/forums...ad.php?t=14909

Last edited by dan; 2008-03-06 at 01:07.

There seems to be alot of people all of a sudden wanting to access their PC, MAC and Linux machines remotely and/or to transfer files or stream music.
As soon as I can get all the components installed and working properly I will post a simple user guide and step by step install as I've done on this thread onprevious apps. Dan

Dan
I use VNC Viewer 0.6. Its an easy install. It does not let you transfer files, but I use it to desktop to my servers - no problem.

I just installed x11vnc and it works beautifully. Give it a try. need to be in red pill(search for threads that show how to) mode before you install. I could not get the icon in extras to load because when I installed I was not in red pill mode (read about it after install)so I went into xterm and typed after sudo gainroot and hit enter, 'x11vnc' and then went and open VNC viewer. Then went to PC and open TightVNC viewer and put IP address of my n800 and YAHOOOOOO!!! I have my n800 screen on my PC with XP. It has a file transfer menu on top but it's not active. I will play around and report later when I figure out more. But I think this would help you out.
Hope this helps, Dan