Active Topics

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
ZogG don't quite get where your getting this lag from but if you say so.

I am glad that their adapting to what their customers are saying. I think we might go through quite a few iterations but we will arrive at a one that most of us agree with.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Longer video of SFOS 2.0 on Jolla Phone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QkGnmER4&hd=1
Why always this show people with bad swipe skills !?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sada11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by sada11 View Post
Why always this show people with bad swipe skills !?
Don't blame the user. Maybe the os isn't that easy to use?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
In : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2bU...utu.be&t=3m21s

If you stop at 3:21, you'll see notifications (number of facebook, sms, etc.) directly on the multitasking view, on the left side.
However this can work on the tablet with a lot of screen estate, but I don't see this coming to the phone.

I think the background is too much present on the tablet. On the phone it is hidden enough so that it doesn't hurt, but here I think you see it more than the app (due to big margins between apps tiles). It has to be seen in real life, but don't see this as great.

Otherwise, I like the contents of the event screen but think it is a mistake to have replaced it by the app drawer when doing a bottom swipe : if it is really multitasking, then apps stay opened, so you are more using the notifications, than launching apps, no ?
Also, I don't know if the disappearance of the "quick launch" (first row of the app drawer) will impact usability.

Finally, I laughed when I saw the coming back of the status bar...

So, some good points, and some reserves. We will see what comes to the phone from the tablet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
@Zeta

No reason for it not to come to larger screened phones. Above 5" it should be fine. Particularly the favoured 5.3 - 5.7" phablets.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
@Zeta

No reason for it not to come to larger screened phones. Above 5" it should be fine. Particularly the favoured 5.3 - 5.7" phablets.
I was thinking of the Jolla Phone 1 when saying that (I have it, an wonder how it will be updated), and didn't thought of anything bigger (as I already find 4.5" too big for my pockets).
Now that you point this out, I am not sure at which size it starts to make sense, but you are probably right.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I was thinking of the Jolla Phone 1 when saying that (I have it, an wonder how it will be updated), and didn't thought of anything bigger (as I already find 4.5" too big for my pockets).
Now that you point this out, I am not sure at which size it starts to make sense, but you are probably right.
The Jolla 1 is not a very good example of pocketability.

Jolla 1 (with 4.5") is 1.27x the size of the newly announced Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (5.1" plus edges), or 1.28x the size of the vanilla (no Edge) S6 (also 5.1").

Meizu MX4 (with 5.36" and a direct competitor to Jolla with Ubuntu Phone) is only 1.09x larger than the Jolla 1 (with 4.5").

Even if we're to compare it with the (older than Jolla 1) Nexus 5 (also phone with best port of Sailfish) which is 'just' 4.95", the Jolla 1 is still 1.07x larger.

TLDR, you can have a much smaller phone with a much larger screen, and this trend will only continue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Played Jolla Tablet and Jolla with Sailfish 2.0 today at MWC. I really love the UI change on 2.0 and the tablet's hardware is quite good. Finally there will be a decent HW + great SW (Sailfish 2.0)

Some pictures I took at MWC:

And some funny one:

Nokia also has an exhibition, for consumer device they also have an N1 tablet. Not quite interesting as the Jolla Tablet. I showed my N950 to the Nokia guys and told them this is THE device I love without MicroJunk.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
If you stop at 3:21, you'll see notifications (number of facebook, sms, etc.) directly on the multitasking view, on the left side.
However this can work on the tablet with a lot of screen estate, but I don't see this coming to the phone.
Currently it is implemented on the phone:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Nokia also has an exhibition, for consumer device they also have an N1 tablet. Not quite interesting as the Jolla Tablet. I showed my N950 to the Nokia guys and told them this is THE device I love without MicroJunk.
LOL And what they answered? Did they ever know what phone it is, what are you talking about?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia