Notices

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Lots of variables such as default cache size and display options available using

opera:config

just type above into the address bar. BE CAREFULL THESE SETTINGS SHOULD ONLY BE CHANGED IF YOU KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN.Or dont care

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Odeh View Post
its work in both with last fix by DonPIZI, but a little slow when open also colsed sometimes after open with 1 minute or less
hmm, for me it is not slow, and quite stable..

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
hmm, for me it is not slow, and quite stable..
i am trying reboot ..

maybe

Screw PR1.2, this is news that actually means something! Operas (unofficial) support of Nokia-forgotten devices was really a surprise to me, I have actually thought "...but that will never happen, Opera will not be spending time on such a marginal platform". So, I already installed it on my N900 and my N810 will be charged and booted for the first time in months just to install this.

I hope the developers will not forget this little venture quite yet, so we can see a beta, too

for me this is very close to an official release standard let alone a Alpha/Beta quality. Very impressed all round.

Originally Posted by ahockersten View Post
Are these crashes reproducible (do they happen when going to the same specific page, for example) or random? We are very interested in hearing about reproducible crashes. "Random" crashes are of course bad as well, but if we can't reproduce them we have a very low chance of getting them fixed.

We are still looking into the "settings not being saved" issue. I actually reflashed my device, but I still can't reproduce it. We do have an idea for a workaround. We are still interested in info from people who have experienced the bug. Unusual apps installed? Firmware version? etc...
N900 firmware version: 3.2010.02-8.003, no unusual apps installed.

I did reinstall Opera Mobile, then did a work around mentioned on the forum 'chown -R' one for settings to be saved. It simply thinks its starting for the first time but this workaround does work. then i rebooted just to be on the safe side.

went straight to settings

load images - on
opera turbo - on
fullscreen - on
privacy: remember passwords, accept cookies - on

----------

now have used it for about an hour or so, didn't experience as much crashes as i was experiencing before. but still about two crashes every half an hour or so.

i have been constantly trying to reproduce crashes so i can pin point why or where its going wrong.

one crash that is consistent, opened opera mobile working great, everything fine then all of a sudden when i type in http://www.cnet.com ; it crashes. Now right after this crash, when i restart opera mobile, if you go straight to URL bar and try to type in cnet.com, thats it it will keep crashing. It simply wont allow you to go to cnet.com

i hope this helps ~

It's a hobby release? You guys sure take your hobbies seriously.

But yeah, kudos to the Opera Maemo Team (lets call you that, shall we) for what I have been praying for all this while - a 'mobile' browser when the Packet Data Gods are not with me (aka stuck in a slow GPRS connection).

My copy has been working well, with some intermittent crashes (sometimes in 10 minutes, sometimes hours pass before it would crash) that I could only attribute to the switch from landscape/portrait plus the use of 3-4 tabs.

Other than that, it works fabulously. The lack of flash is lamentable, but IMHO it's FAR more important for the core of the browser to be in rock solid condition (or at least more usable, I don't mind buggy lol) rather then rushing to add flash support.

The Following User Says Thank You to eiraku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Phew. After some stressful hours we have pushed a workaround for the "settings are not saved" problem. We still don't know exactly what caused it, but our fix should mitigate the problem for new and old users.

Just press "Update" in the Application Manager, and the new version should pop up automatically. Please let us know if you still experience the "settings are not saved" issue after installing this build.

Thank you to all the users who sent us info from their devices, helping us narrow the issue down, and to everyone else for your praise and criticism.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ahockersten For This Useful Post:
Remember to report any bugs to Opera Bugs Wizard for continued improvements.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
cnet.com is working perfectly here.
both the mobile and the full site.

Tags
fast browser, opera