Fanoush,
just to let you know. This thread, where I've tested Kingston regular microSD, most probably shows real speed for this particular card. Specific card is extrimely slow even in regular card reader. It took me 2+ hours just to transfer 2007HE OS to the card using PC.

At any case, I'll be able to test that card with your another new kernel. (However, I don't expect a miracle)

serge48

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Doesn't matter much. I just wanted to say that with older kernel 24MHz was limit with any SD card even if MMC cards could go to twice of that speed.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Thanks fanoush and Serge. Waiting for my christmas holidays... will post after the mod.

Wait a sec!

I'd never thought of this before - but the microSDHC cards are physically compatible with the RSMMC (pins)? Can anyone post link or instructions on how to accomplish the change?

And all I need other than a slot rework is a kernel?

If so, fanoush, does the latest kernel on your site http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#sdhc, include the wifi corruption fix? Or will it still have to be applied separately?

TIA....

Originally Posted by tundrwd View Post
Wait a sec!

I'd never thought of this before - but the microSDHC cards are physically compatible with the RSMMC (pins)? Can anyone post link or instructions on how to accomplish the change?
Those cards are "signalling" compatible. It means that only size should be adapted. Please see this thread for more information (including some modification ideas/instructions)
Originally Posted by tundrwd View Post
And all I need other than a slot rework is a kernel?
Yes, that's right, only slot modification and kernel. You can install SDHC kernel even without slot modification. It works fine for RS-MMC (judged by my experience).

WIFI fix is not in the kernel. If you already have that fix installed then you can reflash kernel only. WIFI fix will remain in place.

serge48

Just finished my thesis last week. So did not have enough spare time for mod.

As stated in this post n770 has a (full size) SDHC.

Many thanks to all contributors