Active Topics

Notices

thanks serge for all the work you have done on mplayer for the 770,
a little problem is as follows. when i post links from youtube,that i aquired with a bookmarklet. sometimes they play and sometimes not,although if i keep playing the same link eventually it will play

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Hi Serge!

Mplayer is great work and I was able to get the uktube work with it. Plays youtube flash videos wonderfully. However, if I try to play dailymotion clips, it is not able to play them. I am able to play them on my desktop osx with mplayer, so it seems that mplayer *should* be able to play them.

I put a test video on my we b page. It would be great if you could have a look at what is wrong with playing of that clip.
http://www.helsinki.fi/~konttori/Med...motiontest.flv

nevermind. Got it working.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
How to seek while playing a divx video iin mplayer? ~~

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
How to seek while playing a divx video iin mplayer? ~~
Use the D-Pad. Left/right are short skips, up/down bigger jumps.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
Use the D-Pad. Left/right are short skips, up/down bigger jumps.
Oh! Good to see this... I never noticed, in fact I even did not try to press up/down... I always passed through the menu to skip 10 minutes...

But I have another question about the latest versions: I remember seeing in the old versions the remaining time / actual time etc. but I can't figure out how to search it in the latest version.. Any advice?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Are you sure the pad works with divx files?? For me it works well with avi files but works partially ok with flash files and does not at all work with divx files.
May be it is a problem with that particular file???

Any way how do you skip 10 minutes...... when i press that icon which comes after pressing the menu..... nothing happpens.... am i missing something???

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Any way how do you skip 10 minutes...... when i press that icon which comes after pressing the menu..... nothing happpens.... am i missing something???
After selecting the 10 minute jump on the menu, you have to use the left and right buttons on the D-pad to skip 10 minutes resp. back- or forwards.

Just a little side track:

On the 770, is tearsync an option? I played with a ZenW for a week or so and loved the lack of tearing (my only big complaint about vids on the 770).

Also, without the overhead of decoding, what type of performance could we see. Im wondering basically how a native framebuffer/raw or likes video would perform on the little guy. The reason is I' curious if a decoding solution streaming between the HD or LAN and IT would affect things if in a 'more' native format.

Hey Serge:

I am currently building support for mplayer videos to ukmp. Going swell, except for the fact that mplayer is missing video out jpeg codec. I would use it to create thumbnails of each of the videos on the device.