Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Italy
HI Scorpius can you add this features?

1) A simple button to delete the files downloaded into cache. It can fill home partition....no?

One button to delete files in /home/user/.yappari/cache/images
another to delete sounds /home/user/.yappari/cache/sounds
and another for videos in /home/user/.yappari/cache/videos

2) LED notifications for received messages

3) Possibility to enable/disable vibration for received messages

what do you think?thanks
MicroB-tweak.deb - HERE
Beats-driver-pulseaudio-N900.deb - HERE
[N900 swipe] qtedger-swipe-maemo5_0.0.1_armel.deb - HERE

Last edited by adunanzav3x; 2013-05-16 at 15:56.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
why no one thinking about porting LINE? LINE is gaining popularity around the globe, and it is free.

Viber mostly used for voip call as it claim able to work even running 2G, I never tried before though

Last edited by rayson; 2013-05-16 at 11:04.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Originally Posted by rayson View Post
why no one thinking about porting LINE?
Yeah, that would be awesome. In Spain at least is so popular =)

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I haven't seen LINE or Vibe. I would have to take a look at them and ask around who uses them to see if they're popular.
Viber is really popular at least for Android and iOS users
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ber.voip&hl=es

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Ok so here it is: Yappari 0.0.32. You can get it from the repositories using your favorite Application Manager.

Thank you for your donations!

New in this version:
  • Profile pictures are now supported.
  • You can now see your contacts information. Long press on any contact or select "Contact Info" from the conversation window to see that contact's information
  • You can also view your account information. Select "Account Info" from the menu.
  • You can pay for an additional year to WhatsApp Inc. in the new "Account Info" window.
  • Copy/Paste. Long press and select "Copy". In input fields select and press Ctrl-C to copy. Paste with Ctrl-V
  • You can now search contacts when you press "Create Chat". Just start typing the name or the number or even the status!
  • Fixed bugs in URL detections where https:// and the percent sign were not being recognized as valid URLs.
  • Added an option to configure the synchronization frequency. Look for it under "Settings".
  • There's also an option to start Yappari on boot.
  • You can now include emoji in your user name and status.
  • Fixed a bug in the upload progress bar. Now it really shows progress.
  • Fixed bug when typing more than 5 lines in a conversation and losing the cursor.

If you're in a hurry here are the links:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/54ofh5
http://uppit.com/oh008v682fx0/yappari_0.0.32_armel.deb

Next version will include full group support and might be Yappari 1.0.33 since 95% of WhatsApp features have been implemented, finishing alpha stage and starting beta testing.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-05-16 at 15:49.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Ok so here it is: Yappari 0.0.32.
Thank you for your great work Scorpius.

For a couple of days my friends sent me a spam message. It is a very long message that make Yappari hung when I try to open the messages.
Any way to avoid this? This is the log: http://pastebin.com/RaVuvy8B

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
Thank you for your great work Scorpius.

For a couple of days my friends sent me a spam message. It is a very long message that make Yappari hung when I try to open the messages.
Any way to avoid this? This is the log: http://pastebin.com/RaVuvy8B
That doesn't hang my Yappari but doesn't look properly. I'll try to fix it for the next release.

Wow you're releasing new versions ftl! This is awesome. Thanks

However I think I've got a problem: yappari 0.32 is crashing while syncing (...profile pictures, maybe?)

It happend 3 times after I've installed it and without rebooting (oops), then I rebooted, restored "logs", "chats.db" and "roster.db" from a backup I made before upgrading to .32, but it's still crashing halfway in the sync process.

I'll send you the log files before and after the reboot.

Thanks again!

EDIT:

Well, now I've tried to sync again without changing anything and it didn't crash. Weird...

Last edited by Lestat; 2013-05-16 at 17:21.

Some quick testing the new version.

First open, when sync (profile pictures of people i guess), crash.

Second open, works good, until i start to see profile pictures.

Open create chat, then select the contac, view profile, tab on the picture, say wait to download (or something like that), mostly did it and quick, some didn't and when go out (on that window) tab again on view profile contac again (whith the chat contac open) crash, that did it once, try to do it agian but can't reproduce it.

Doing more stuff the app did not respond on some point, have to kill it when the "warning" say yes/no to kill it.

Sync works way faster.

I have a contac with phone number 003xxxx (mobile phone from other country), that not sync anymore and doesn't appears on create chat (that happen with v0.0.31, as far i notice, did not notice if with v0.0.30 happens) still persist in v0.0.32.

The search thing is good, well you type "J" and then search all contacs that have a "J" on it, i mean, let's say you have a contac name jorge but other different contac on his/her profile have something wirte with "J" (like job), search show you that contac too.

The crop thing, the rectangle with some pictures is too light and you can see it to well, mostly with white "background".

This things are not complain, just stuff that happens to me.

Going to test more.

Greetings.

I did not reboot, i quit Yappari, install the .deb, open again.

By the way, on the future, not right now, could be possible when you send a smile, the smile window remains open, i tell this because if you want to send the same smile several times, you have to open all the times and search the smile to can send it several times.

Last edited by s4br0s0; 2013-05-16 at 17:06.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
That doesn't hang my Yappari but doesn't look properly. I'll try to fix it for the next release.
When I open that message, Yappari will hog almost all cpu resource and hang.
It will stay like that for a while (1-2 minutes) before Yappari can be use again
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp