I'm music producer new to the n800. Ever since I seen the n800 I dreamt of a music production software built for it.

I'd work with you on design and functionally, as I'm also a graphic designer. I'm quite experience in music production, mostly software. I dont expect it to be a DAW either (I.E. record audio...)

Anyone instrested?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Are you talking about porting RoseGarden? It isn't my project but the idea is great!
You should give it a shot! Install scratchbox on a Linux computer, copy RoseGarden's source code to it. Build it, then tinker until it works.

Bruce

hmm... intresting...

havent come across RoseGarden before

ScratchBox is only linux? Because dont have a linux computer myself. :-\

I'll look into this some more...

I have and use Rosegarden on both a desktop and a laptop w/Linux. It's great on large screens, but I can't help but think it needs some serious paring down or the N800. It's a very busy interface.

I wonder if the older version 2.1 (X11) might not be a better candidate for porting, since it doesn't have all the audio bells and whistles.

R.
==

What I'm looking for is more like a drum machine/piano like an mpc (or mv8800, triton, fantom, etc.)

just seen on createdigitalmusic, beatphone for the iphone. Another good portable sequencer is psprhythm for the psp.

Again, I'm not a developer so I really don't know the difficulty scale. But I could explain
how things should function. Like samples, and slices.

Originally Posted by Lion View Post
What I'm looking for is more like a drum machine/piano like an mpc (or mv8800, triton, fantom, etc.)

just seen on createdigitalmusic, beatphone for the iphone. Another good portable sequencer is psprhythm for the psp.

Again, I'm not a developer so I really don't know the difficulty scale. But I could explain
how things should function. Like samples, and slices.
You might want to try any of the many flash based music sequencers available online.
Lots of ready-made stuff out there, and since we now have flash 9 on the N800 it shouldn't be a problem to load in the browser.

R.
==

Tried those. Its kinda like whhat I'm loooking for, but it's only half of it. Those are internet music toys. I'm talking about actually recording like midi data, and arranging different patterns. Basically a portble Reason or FL Studio.

So... nobody is instrested in this?

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007
sounds interesting- but someone would have to build usb-midi drivers for the n800 so that your desktop/laptop can recognize it as a midi device aswell as create a program to run on the n800 to trigger midi notes so that the n800 turns into a instrument. I bet someone who knows alot about MAX/MSP programming could play around with this.

Originally Posted by Lion View Post
So... nobody is instrested in this?
I'm interested! BUT, I'm in the same boat as you... I'm not a developer.