Active Topics

Notices

Receiving a call, when I take out device (Nokia N900) from pocket, the screen often remains deactivated, and I don't see the Accept button. Then I need to use the hardware unlock button to see who is calling.

Can be this configurable in another way? For example, when a call is incoming, to be mandatory shown the image before unlocking the touchscreen.

Your screen protector may block the proximity sensor.

See bug 7772 there is some useful info there.

This issue only happens to me when receiving a call.
I'll observe if the sunlight determines the problem.

It may be that your phone just doesn't have enough free resources to update the screen. I.e. it has a few open browsers with flash left overnight, it may take a few extra seconds (as in 15) before the screen gets updated.

Myself, I've experienced that the blue led starts blinking at least five seconds before the phone starts vibrating/playing the ring sound, and then the display may not turn on for another handful of seconds. In some cases it's gone to voicemail before the phone registers my attempt to press the accept button. So, the next time this happens to you, you might want to check if something is using the CPU.

This is a concequence of having one of the very rare phones with true multitasking, you get the first phone that complains about not being multicore.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Turku, Finland
I have this problem also A friend of mine has also experienced this. It really is caused by direct sunlight.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
what apps you have installed?
you can make list of installed packages with following command in xterm:
maemo-list-user-packages > list.txt
you can attach list.txt to your message or copy paste it.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
I have the same problem , it happens in the direct sunlight too , i have checked and it is not because of the screen protector since it works everytime im not outdoors with direct sunlight .

Originally Posted by Peppis View Post
I have this problem also A friend of mine has also experienced this. It really is caused by direct sunlight.
I had the same problem...i had a long fight with nokia care after they repaired it 2wice and the problem still persisted....

finally they replaced it......thats how i got my problem resolved.

ask for a replacement man........u have spend a lot for a mobile and it should work properly else v have the right to get it replaced....

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ new zealand
same problem here too so annoying i even mis the call sum-times by the time it wakes up