Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
For "personal reasons", according to engadget, sourced from a couple of Finnish publications. Yet more disruption for Maemo/MeeGo.

Can't blame him really - Nokia as it is today is now a very different technology mix from the Nokia he joined last year.

Pound to a penny he'll be replaced by a Microsoft executive.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Or see the other thead on this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
There is already a thread for this : http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1025592

EDIT : same minute submission

The Following User Says Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
No Meegosta!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simpu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Blogged in English here...
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/06/09/ch...-leaves-nokia/
http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/06/...h-green-leave/
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
For "personal reasons", according to engadget, sourced from a couple of Finnish publications. Yet more disruption for Maemo/MeeGo.

Can't blame him really - Nokia as it is today is now a very different technology mix from the Nokia he joined last year.

Pound to a penny he'll be replaced by a Microsoft executive.
Are you working in Nokia??

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
So sad to see the state of Nokia...

Ari Jaaksi, Ansi Vanjoki, Rich Green are all gone. Meego is almost gone. Symbian is gone.
What we are left is WP7, Microsoft & Stephen Elop. Who would have imagined this 1 year ago when Nokia announced that Meego would be thier top end.

Very very sad.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
"HELSINKI -(Dow Jones)- Finland-based telecom equipment maker Nokia Oyj (NOK) Thursday said Henry Tirri, head of Nokia Research Center, will become acting Chief Technology Officer replacing Richard Green.

"Rich Green is taking a medical leave for absence. During this time Henry Tirri, head of Nokia Research Center, will be the acting CTO,"
Nokia spokesman Tomi Kuuppelomaki said in an email.
The comment was in response to a report from Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat that Green had taken time off, and would most likely not return to Nokia due to differences of opinion over the company's strategy. Nokia would not comment further on the report

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-mar...nology-officer

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-06-09 at 08:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by simpu View Post
No Meegosta!
Oh I thought they said MeeGo!

*Deep sigh of relief*

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
So sad to see the state of Nokia...

Ari Jaaksi, Ansi Vanjoki, Rich Green are all gone. Meego is almost gone. Symbian is gone.
What we are left is WP7, Microsoft & Stephen Elop. Who would have imagined this 1 year ago when Nokia announced that Meego would be thier top end.

Very very sad.
Wow... I haven't seen you around for AGES! Yeah, I miss the days of optimism when Nokia was actually making the devices we wanted. But, like the demotivational poster in my last post to this thread illustrates, Nokia just wasn't interested in listening to customers, much less their own engineers. The company was SO close to practically OWNING the tablet market if they simply upsized their devices and didn't try to turn it into a phone. They even CALLED them tablets! They pissed all over their own brand by making sure people were miserable when they tried to contact them and provided the worst support. Missed opportunities and stupid decisions made by arrogant executive dolts that didn't care about their customers' experiences with their brand. I wish I didn't have to say this, but at this point I think I can finally say, 'Good riddance to Nokia' if Microsoft is the new face of the company. (They took the CEO spot with one of their own--that should have been a clue. I practically knew it was.)
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
goodbye nokia, green elsewhere, iceberg, rich green