How does it compare to the galaxy s2? That's really what I want to know

sorry, as long as no one tells me how a virtual keyboard will not take up 30% of the screen on a website i will continue missing a hardware keyboard..

The Following User Says Thank You to Raubtier For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
sorry, as long as no one tells me how a virtual keyboard will not take up 30% of the screen on a website i will continue missing a hardware keyboard..
This is what I agree with most out of any of this entire thread.

Even if the virtual keyboard is awesome beyond compare, how is it going to not cover up what you're currently looking at?

Unless of course it creates one of those laser keyboards?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH8CUTimTvY

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
how does it compare to... nothing...

i hate it to compare devices with different circumstances. like you would compare a mac with a wintel pc.

e.g. sgs2, its using android. android is very ressource hungry (had the lg optimus 2x, and it was laggy while swyping in the main menu, absolute no go!), so its good that the g2 has a dualcore, lots of memory aso.
or the iphone 4 with (only) single core soc, but very smooth ui.
ours will be at least as good as ios (imho) regarding smooth ui and apps (120fps has been mentioned in this thread )

but atm we dont know more except of what we already know, means no details for the used hardware.

but i am pretty sure that our device would loose a direct compare to the sgs2 (regarding soc, memory aso), but we wont need so much power to run everything smooth. thats the point.

A transparent, tactile virtual keyboard would let you see the website through it.

And now, I would like someone to tell me how a virtual keyboard on a capacitive screen will not make the screen smudged.

That's what really good scaling, zooming, repositioning, etc is for... Just saying. You make it out like 30% covered screen is such a big deal, when all you need at the time is to see what you are writing (and sometimes what others are writing / what you are responding to).

It is very rare that this constitutes a major inconvenience, and for such cases, BT keyboards have been invented. Though frankly, I would not recommend to write your thesis or develop applications on any phone whatsoever. But that's your call.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
And now, I would like someone to tell me how a virtual keyboard on a capacitive screen will not make the screen smudged.
As opposed to... what capacitive touchscreen phone was it again that never makes you touch the screen?

On good screens, you rarely see the smudges anyway, and wiping them off takes a couple of seconds.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
Trawling through dozens of pages of ******** every day for any kind of info is getting rather pointless and is only harming the forum.
And you thought it's a good idea to add a additional?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by xxMurdakillxx View Post
How does it compare to the galaxy s2? That's really what I want to know
I don't see anything to be gained by flooding the thread with questions that would require a full, multi-page, in depth review to answer. Yes, some community members with inside information have come forward with some tantalizing details about Harmattan device(s). That doesn't mean these people can reveal everything.

One, they're already risking their own careers or risking the careers of the friends or family members who shared information in confidence. A bit of satisfied curiosity about the mysterious disposable device of the moment doesn't balance easily against the very real danger of not being able to provide for one's self and one's family.

Two, a full comparison of the Harmattan device(s) against a Android device such as the Galaxy S II requires knowledge beyond that which can be gained by seeing, or even using, the Harmattan device(s). We know the Galaxy S II's full specs, price, and carrier adoption. We know the availability of Android apps. We don't know the consumer Harmattan device's full specs, price, or carrier adoption. We know it will have fewer apps than Android, but what, if anything, will be waiting for purchase in the Ovi Store at launch? What will be available in community OBS?

We'll need detailed photos to compare screens. We'll need video to compare the . We'll need to wait for launch details and real reviews.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I don't see anything to be gained by flooding the thread with questions that would require a full, multi-page, in depth review to answer. Yes, some community members with inside information have come forward with some tantalizing details about Harmattan device(s). That doesn't mean these people can reveal everything.

One, they're already risking their own careers or risking the careers of the friends or family members who shared information in confidence. A bit of satisfied curiosity about the mysterious disposable device of the moment doesn't balance easily against the very real danger of not being able to provide for one's self and one's family.

Two, a full comparison of the Harmattan device(s) against a Android device such as the Galaxy S II requires knowledge beyond that which can be gained by seeing, or even using, the Harmattan device(s). We know the Galaxy S II's full specs, price, and carrier adoption. We know the availability of Android apps. We don't know the consumer Harmattan device's full specs, price, or carrier adoption. We know it will have fewer apps than Android, but what, if anything, will be waiting for purchase in the Ovi Store at launch? What will be available in community OBS?

We'll need detailed photos to compare screens. We'll need video to compare the . We'll need to wait for launch details and real reviews.
Agree... But what is wrong with a little speculation. IMHO that's what keeps these forums interesting until the hardware comes...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland