I want my N800 to automaticly map my computer's shared drive on startup.

Does anyone want to make a quick tutorial for this?

I have been searching around, but i just got very confused, since there where several methods, some worked some did not etc.

I'm using a N800 with latest firmware.

On my dreambox (linux cable tuner), i just have to add the command to the fstab file, but this did not work on my N800...

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
search this forum for "cifs.ko". there is a couple of threads about this.

as far as doing this automatically, it gets to be a pain-in-the-butt. the process requires root user to insert a kernel module (insmod), and perform the mount commands.

i am trying to work on a script where you could sudo <scriptname> and have it done, but the /etc/sudoers part is hanging me up a bit.

one could also write an init script to be put in /etc/init.d and soft linked to /etc/rc3.d (the default runlevel) to perform this.

as another option you could sudo gainroot and then run a script or issue commands to the following effect...

/sbin/insmod /path/to/cifs.ko
/bin/mount -t cifs //hostname[or ip.add.re.ss]/and/share/path/ /local/mount/point/ -o domain=domain.name,user=username,password=secret
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless