Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by macey View Post
@joerg_rw
How many orders are 'we' up to, if you don't mind me asking?
Neo900 DOWN PAYMENT Neo900 complete device -115
NeoN DOWN PAYMENT NeoN bare board -49
+1EUR Down Payment top up -5079

@pichlo: I have no hard numbers since filtering is a bit awkward in shop, but it seems we have ~20% new customers (I.E. who don't have a voucher)

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-06-02 at 15:42.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
neon down payment neon bare board -49
+1eur down payment top up -5079

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
short update on a very nice progress after only one year:

Hello Joerg,

We currently have 6 piece(s) on order of part number 595-BEAGLEBOARD-XM for you. CircuitCo has informed us that they are going to start shipping Mouser part number 595-BEAGLEBOARD-XM in mid-June. We do not have exact dates, but wanted to share that they have informed us they are in production and are going start shipping in a couple of weeks.

CircuitCo has provided some information regarding the delay in getting this product made, I have provided this below.

“The XM has not been on the production line for some time.
Mid 2014 there was not a high demand so production volumes we small. As demand increased and preparations were being made to react to demand we found that our in stock supply of FABs (bareboard) was lower than demand. The fab for the XM is one of the most complicated fabs containing blind and buried vias and not just any fab shop can support with a quality product. The fab shop we used for some time was no longer so we required a new one. We use roughly 2 fab shops and sent them all files to make up 25 units for us to test quality and functionality.
We were finally able to qualify a new fab shop (95% pass) and ordered several thousand to accommodate demand. We are working through our production backlog and current build schedule and will be able to provide community XM boards forecasted in 4 weeks’ time ~mid June.
The XM has not been discontinued and we know of no parts that are EOL”

As we have more information regarding the arrival of your order, we will notify you via email. If you have any questions or need assistance in the meantime, please let us know.

Kind regards,

<mouser>
The litlle ups and downs of building a device ;-) This time up

I finally made my down payment for NeoN board .

Waiting for a train to start running .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shabr For This Useful Post:
Bump:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Oh, I just realized that 31250 baud is MIDI. Well, that should be quite usual then and supported by almost all UARTs
So here's the relevant quote from SWPU223M:
The UARTs (UART1, UART2, and UART3 when in UART mode) include the following key features:
• 16C750 compatibility
• 64-byte FIFO for receiver and 64-byte FIFO for transmitter
• Programmable interrupt trigger levels for FIFOs
• Baud generation based on programmable divisors N (N = 1...16,384) operating from a fixed functional
clock of 48 MHz

Oversampling is programmed by software as 16 or 13; thus, the baud rate computation is either:
• Baud rate = (functional clock/16)/N
• Baud rate = (functional clock/13)/N
48Mhz/16/96=31250
http://www.makelinux.net/lib/ti/OMAP...anual/doc-2682

Here a suggestion: The HackerBus pins you would use are:
5V : VBUS (allows externally powered as well as hostmode-boost battery powered operation)
pin15 : UART_RX (the 470 Ohm resistor in this circuit must get replaced by a 10k)
pin12 : UART_TX (you need a pullup resistor 10k to 5V here)
(Masse pin5) : GND

Of course you also could use a USB<->MIDI adapter like this one
cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-06-05 at 05:02.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by teknologen View Post
Exactly, donating the voucher to someone new. The tricky part is to find that person.

Send me pm if you are out there or know someone..
Consider creating a new thread in Neo900 forum about the voucher available for a new customer?

Best wishes.

[edit joerg_rw] see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1472727

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-06-05 at 05:00.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
update on numbers:

Neo900 DOWN PAYMENT Neo900 complete device -129
NeoN DOWN PAYMENT NeoN bare board -58
+1EUR Down Payment top up -6949

You'll notice the rate dropped quite a lot, which is unfortunate since we plan to start sourcing next month. Our analysis seems to suggest that we don't reach a huge number of our donors via email. And we actually need more public visibility. I wouldn't want to delay until results from our next PR action on CCCAMP15 (Werner doing some sort of talk there) come in.

/j

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
This is going to be a bit offtopic, sorry in advance.

I would really like to stay in touch with a Neo900 but the new price tag would exceed the amount I ever paid and I am willing to pay for such a small device.
BUT as I do not want to be left behind I had a hard time and decided finally to try to sell my beloved 'new' N950.
It is out of the box, absolute pristine, not used (besides a few minutes call/internet), comes will all that came with device. And still has the original -really cute - developer version firmware installed (not PR1.x, but 1.2011.15-7_PR_RM680).
I only try it to finance the Neo. I will not let it go for a few hundreds as it is as new, still seldom, legendary, ... you know. One needed to have it in hands to recognize it.

So anyone here interested to trade a Neo900 against a N950?
Nah, but possibly a potential Neo buyer would also like to have that last Maemo/MeeGo device? Please PM or mail me directly instead of posting in this thread.

I did not put it in Buy/Sell or ebay as I would like it to go to a fellow user. Of course I know that my chances to get it sold there will be much higher. Still I am trying here first (as my heart is already bleeding to possibly leave it go).

end of offtopic, (@joerg: feel free to move that post out of this thread)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-06-12 at 21:04. Reason: added FW version

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
short update: I'm starting to ask for proper sourcing quotes, to give a more reasonable (=economic) cost estimation. As already mentioned our BOM (Electronic components 340 EUR) is based on readily available maximum prices as of digikey, farnell, mouser etc. Let's see if we can get better on this, and how much. Anything between 5% and 50% (even more?) of cost reduction on BOM may be possible.
We're also going to review the R&D costs, to make sure we have no completely off asumptions in it.
Other points to have reviewed: Mechanical components 40 EUR; Logistics and distrib. (~10%) 90 EUR.
Please bear with us for us not having historical data / experience values we can base our cost estimations on, the Neo900 UG is doing all this for the first time (unlike GDC's GTA04 we based our initial estimations on).

cheers
jOERG

Neo900 DOWN PAYMENT Neo900 complete device -132
NeoN DOWN PAYMENT NeoN bare board -60
+1EUR Down Payment top up -7049

[edit] first quick result:
PLS8-E /1 € 89,– (excl)
PHS8-P, Rel. 3 /1 € 52,– (48,-- ??*) (excl)
PXS8 /1 € 73,– (excl VAT)
volume rebates applicable for us: ~6%
*) shop lists 2 prices on same webpage: http://wstaw.org/m/2015/06/13/plasma-desktoptL1947.png

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-06-13 at 09:12.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
If the costs do come down by the higher end of the range you're suggesting it might come down to the top end of my affordability range... here's hoping!

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!