Notices

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
The proximity sensor thing is not working for me, plus there's no keymap in the game...
Then you probably have the OS2008 version installed.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Hmmm... well I downloaded it from the N900 repositories. Strange... I'll look for the N900 version then.

Is there a way how to port JA 1.13 mod (http://ja2v113.pbworks.com/) to N900?

Seconded, 1.13 on the N900 would be sick.

More importantly, any way to change the keybinding and using a lower resolution + scaling? The high res is NOT really kind to the eyes.

GREAT job anyhow ukki. Being able to blow people's heads off with a sniper rifle while communing is no small feat.

so many posts on this thread and i am not sure if someone else noticed this but here goes and i hope this helps other people ...

I copied the data files from my windows box to the n900 using openssh (I have the steam version of JA2).
Did all the root access stuff etc.
But I was having problems with the data files even after editing the .ini file.
I kept getting the error message when running the shortcut saying it could not locate the data files.

So i loaded up X terminal and started it using ja2.
I would get an error message 'failed to open "/home/users/.ja2/Data/data.slf"
I checked the directory and the file was where it was ment to be.
But i remembered that linux is fussy with UPPER and lower case file names.
All the files in the data folder have UPPER case letters at the start.
So i renamed the Data.slf to data.slf
Then run ja2 from X termal.
After doing that i would get a diffrent error message saying that i could not find ambient.slf.

Anyway so let that be a lesson to you and make sure that WinSCP is setup to copy files in lower case!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobbigtits For This Useful Post:
Did you edit that path or was it like by default? If I remember correctly, N900 version should default to MyDocs, where case doesn't matter.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
first thx a lot for porting this game!

is there some solution to get fullscreen yet?

Originally Posted by g0dzilla View Post
what about FullScreen?
ja2 -fullscreen not worked
ja2 -fullscreen doesn't work for me also.

Edit: Sry, just the menu seems to be not fullscreen. game is working great, thx a lot again!

Last edited by LippiVan; 2010-06-21 at 20:59.

I've spent a little time with the game, seems to be working pretty nice so far.
the only question is, how are you able to move your troops down the map? i can move them up, left and right, but there's no symbol showing up when i move them down. this means i can only stay in the "A" sector of the game. anybody knows how to get aroung this?
thx a lot!

Hi - the Diablo English build (ja2_0.7_svn-2.deb) appears to be missing (or perhaps was typo'd, as the demo and German seems to work). Does anyone have the English deb?

i hope u can help me here.

when i try to start the terminal says after the window closes: "Cannot open file. Creating emergency savegame failed."

i tried strace -f -e trace=file ja2

Code:
ewemail.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/sector_inventory.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/sector_inventory.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/GreenArr.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/GreenArr.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/MBS.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/MBS.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/eta_pop_up.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/eta_pop_up.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/map_inv_2nd_gun_cover.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/map_inv_2nd_gun_cover.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/secondary_gun_hidden.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/secondary_gun_hidden.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/Bars.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/Bars.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/hilite.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/hilite.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/selectedchararrow.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/selectedchararrow.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/b_map.pcx", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/b_map.pcx", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/BullsEye.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/BullsEye.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/SAM.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/SAM.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/merc_between_sector_icons.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/merc_between_sector_icons.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/merc_mvt_green_arrows.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/merc_mvt_green_arrows.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/boxes.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/boxes.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/Helicop.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/Helicop.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/mapcursr.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/mapcursr.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/mine.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/mine.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/pos2.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/pos2.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/Militia.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/Militia.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/Militiamaps.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/Militiamaps.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/MilitiamapsectorOutline2.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/MilitiamapsectorOutline2.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/MilitiamapsectorOutline.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/MilitiamapsectorOutline.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/map_item.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/map_item.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/Mine_1.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/Mine_1.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/Mine_2.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/Mine_2.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/Mine_3.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/Mine_3.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/prison.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/prison.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTRO/SplashScreen.smk", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTRO/SplashScreen.smk", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/SirtechSplash.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/SirtechSplash.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/TactPopupBackground.pcx", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/TactPopupBackground.pcx", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("INTERFACE/TactPopUp.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/INTERFACE/TactPopUp.sti", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] mkdir("../SavedGames", 0755) = -1 EEXIST (File exists)
[pid  2146] stat64("../SavedGames", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
[pid  2146] open("../SavedGames/error.sav", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0600) = 29
[pid  2146] fstat64(29, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0600, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
[pid  2146] open("Temp/finances.dat", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("/home/user/MyDocs/ja2data/Data/Temp/finances.dat", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] unlink("../SavedGames/error.sav") = 0
ERROR: caught unhandled exception:
Opening file failed
Creating an emergency savegame failed.
Please report this error with a description of the circumstances.
[pid  2146] unlink("files.dat")         = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] unlink("finances.dat")      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] unlink("email.dat")         = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] unlink("history.dat")       = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[pid  2146] open("../Ja2.set", O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_TRUNC, 0600) = 29
[pid  2146] fstat64(29, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0600, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
[pid  2146] mkdir("Temp/", 0755)        = -1 EEXIST (File exists)
[pid  2146] stat64("Temp/", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
[pid  2146] open("Temp/", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY) = 5
[pid  2146] fstat64(5, {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
[pid  2146] unlink("Temp//NpcQuote.tmp") = 0
[pid  2146] unlink("Temp//files.dat")   = 0
Process 2150 detached
Process 2149 detached
Thats all i can tell u so far.
Oh Yeah, BTW i have the geman data and tried the by Ukki posted link to the german and the file from the app manager...

Thanks for your help

EDIT: And why isnt the port for german in repo?

EDIT2: Ok, i now reinstalled the german version from page 18, now it started fine.
But its now shown in the update list

EDIT3: Now I updated and again it doesnt run...
I hope that a reinstall will help again.

Last edited by pincy; 2010-08-21 at 21:19.