Active Topics

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ La Pêche, Québec, Canada
Just completed the re-flash of the latest OS release on my N800. I am having trouble pairing a aluminium Apple BT keyboard with it -- this has not been an issue before with either OS2007 or OS2008beta. Now when I try pairing, after entering the 4-digit code in the keyboard, a dialog box immediately returns stating that the pairing failed with an ok or cancel button set.

I removed the batteries from the keyboard and rebooted the N800, but still get the problem.

Anyone else notice a difference in the pairing process?

Robert B.

I have issues with pairing my freedom mini - but so far I haven't worked out whether that is due to an exceeded number of paired devices in the keyboard (which seems to be a known issue at that side, but I have mislaid the web site that had the reset procedure) or some OS2008 bug.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have a 770 with OS2007HE installed, so forgive me if I'm wrong about how connectivity works in OS2008...

Are you going to the Connection Manager, selecting Tools, Bluetooth and connecting to the keyboard profile you setup there? Mine only works the first time, each subsequent time I have to delete the keyboard profile, search for new devices, put the keyboard into discoverable mode, and then pair using the passcode.

Hmmm. I reflashed OS2008Beta and tried the pairing and there is a difference. In the Beta, after pressing OK in the pairing dialog box (the one where you input the 4-digit key), the device displays a "pairing" notification for a period of time before returning with a "Pairing Failed. Authentication Failed. Try again." dialog message if unsuccessful.

On the latest OS2008, there is no pause between the pairing dialog and when the "Pairing failed. Try again?" dialog. Pressing OK just returns to this dialog box -- no pause at all.

A number of posts seem to indicate that BT headphones now work. I wonder how this support impacts keyboards?

Robert B.

do not use the control panel->Bluetooth Keyboard to pair your keyboard, but use
Bluetooth->Devices instead.

Ok. I will reflash OS2008 and try pairing through Bluetooth->Devices instead. Argh!

Robert B.

Funny, it wouldn't work with Bluetooth>Devices, but worked with Control Panel>Bluetooth Keyboard for my Think Outside keyboard!

The Following User Says Thank You to rilkeanhearts For This Useful Post:
I reflashed the latest OS2008 and I can't seem to pair my keyboard. The keyboard indicates that it is paired, but the N800 always displays the "Pairing failed. Try again?" dialog.
I note that the behaviour of the pairing process via control-panel->bluetooth->device appears to work, it just does not complete successfully.

Strangely enough, when booting OS2008 but mounting an mmc OS2008beta filesystem, the pairing was successful.

Strange!

Robert B.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I am having exact same problem as Robert.. anyone know what it could be?

Today I tried using a OS2008 mmc clone and could not pair the keyboard. However, by copying over the bluetooth config from the OS2008beta mmc filesystem (somewhere down /var/lib/... -- forgot the path), the keyboard worked under OS2008.

I did a winmerge compare between the OS2008beta and OS2008 filesystems and there is very little (if any) bluetooth configuration changes (some stuff about gstream), but most of the objects binaries have been updated.

I doubt I will have time to figure out which binary to replace in OS2008 from OS2008beta before the new year...

Robert B.