Hi,

Have been looking into getting myself a sat nav upgrade for my N800for a while and noticed expansys have the Navigation Kit for the 770 on special today at:

http://www.expansys.com/o.aspx

If I get this is it in effect the same as getting a licence for wayfinder? I understand that the holder doesnt fit the N800 but will probably go the proclip route for that (unless anyone has any other suggestions?)

Thanks in advance...

can i just give this a bump to see if anyone has any thoughts?

thanks

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I read that the 800 kit's license works with os2008 wayfinder.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
It definitely does work.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
Yes, I can confirm that the license code for 770 Navigation Kit works for Wayfinder.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Charlotte NC
Is it one of those 3 year subscriptions that will disable the extra functionality after 3 years?

The Following User Says Thank You to muchristian For This Useful Post:
christian: no - I think it's based on allowed upgrades. i.e. we're allowed to update maps, etc on a 3 year basis.

Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
christian: no - I think it's based on allowed upgrades. i.e. we're allowed to update maps, etc on a 3 year basis.
I'm not sure if that's true. You can manually download the maps from wayfinders website and put them on an SD card... Unless they track which versions have been released and prevent them from working, or something. I'm willing to bet the functionality turns off, but I guess we have to wait and see...

Here's a question I haven't seen, though. Many places still have the European maps for the 770/N800. Will that code work and let me activate for US maps in Wayfinder?