Hi,
I am living in Helsinki. After following the instructions of how to set up the Maemo Mapper, my Mapper starts to work. Thanks for all guys to make it happen.
When I started to zoom in Helsinki area to download the maps, although the downloading status had been showed on the upper right corner of the screen, but the whole downloading finished very fast and afterwards there is no any city and road showed in the map. The maps were not successfully downloaded from Google.
Now, what I found is only maps for USA, Japan, UK, Ireland and very small part of Italy can be downloaded until the level of 0 and for the rest part of the world seems there is no map available.
Can anyone confirm this or knows how to work around it? Maybe Google starts to block the downloading? One of my Friend said in the begining of Aug, he still can download the maps for Helsink and the whole Italy.
Thanks!

The problem is that Google has started returning a lot of maps as PNG images in stead of JPG images. Maemo Mapper can't handle this at the moment.

The problem can be worked around now.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ghlight=mapper

Originally Posted by jackjansen
The problem is that Google has started returning a lot of maps as PNG images in stead of JPG images. Maemo Mapper can't handle this at the moment.
Actually, ALL street-maps are PNG's, and Maemo Mapper supports them fine. It just erroneously gives them a .jpg extension. Topographic maps are in JPG format.

I have maemo mapper working fine and getting google maps of the entire US and GB and Ireland and a small part of N Italy. Anyone know how to get the rest of Europe?

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
You need to enter the correct url.

Google uses references like this one for the images:
http://mt0.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2....&y=1423&zoom=5

The "w2.25" part appears to refer to the version of the maps, and apparently google keeps old version actives. If you use the old links which were posted here, "w2.23" is used, and those are old maps which do not include details in europe.

I changed the 2.11 to 2.21 and was able to get all of Europe over the weekend but on Sunday night the access stopped.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Just change mt0 in mt1 or mt2 and see if it solves your problem.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
Or try to use w2.99 instead.