itT is now parsing Maemo.org's Latest Software feeds for OS2008, OS2007, and OS2006. You can now see our first attempt to display them at:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/software/

Comments welcome.

Thanks.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Comment: Amazing. Thank you. The short descriptions are great for newbs (myself) and the screenshots are good for everyone. The rating system is incredibly useful and will save me trying to find comments about apps scattered throughout old threads.

I hope it stays thorough and up to date, otherwise even a newb like myself will stick to scouring the fora to know what apps are out there.

Comment #2: This may get too big and busy with all of the details and screenshots on one page. Would it be possible to just show the titles, release date and rating upon loading the page and allow a click-to-fold-out function for each app that would expand to show the rest of the info?

It could be a stupid idea, but I think something needs to be done to keep scrolling reasonable in the future, while hopefully not creating pop-ups or seperate pages for things. Although breaking up the main page into three or so seperate ones for productivity, utils and games (or whatever), could be another way of keeping it manageable.

Thanks bexley.

The list currently auto updates itself every 30 minutes via Maemo.org's download feeds so it should contain the latest apps from Maemo everytime.

There are things I hope to add like options to show the latest, highest rated, and most downloaded. I hope Maemo.org provides those feeds too.

About your suggestion to collapse and expand, I might probably provide the option for a summary and detailed versions of the list. With the current detailed version, while the whole text is cached in itT, the images link directly from Maemo.org. I hope they are open on itT hotlinking those images.

Another option I'm thinking isto create 3 tabs for each OS, but that will become similar to how Maemo.org is doing it now -- the reason I created this new page is to give everyone a quick glimpse of what's new on each OS.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Why are some things only listed for one OS when they have versions for all? I don't know many apps since I've yet to even receive my N810, but I know that Mapper exists for OS2006/7/8 but it's only listed for 2006.

Is this done deliberately? Quiver is listed for 2006 and 2007, so it seems inconsistent.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Cool idea, I could see myself checking it regularly.

Just fyi, the page title says "Gallery".

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Cool. There used to be "fetch", which you could use to look for some specific software. Now I don't see an equivalent.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
great job
how about selecting the os name to just see that, so it will reduce scrolling and pack more per page?
how google reader iphone http://www.google.com/reader/i/ style, so only title is seen an clicking on it will expand..

The Following User Says Thank You to vabgeo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by vabgeo View Post
great job
how about selecting the os name to just see that, so it will reduce scrolling and pack more per page?
how google reader iphone http://www.google.com/reader/i/ style, so only title is seen an clicking on it will expand..
It doesn't really matter at this point.

GA, sometimes your comments are *really* cryptic :-)