Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Nope... no spoon in North Houston. And they are not willing to transfer one from another store. CompUSA sux.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Oh, good. From the video it looked like one of those "self portrait mirrors" many camera cell phones have and I've been trying to think up new names[*] to describe the stupidity of the designer who thought that was a good idea...
____
[*] "Aaaargghh! you stupid f**kface!!!" was the best I could think of sofar.
I gave you guys hints a long time ago about that.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
yeah, no luck here at the Parsippany NJ store either. i'm going to keep trying until i can pick one up though.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
A penny for that showstopper of yours ? :-)
The distance between the two sets of buttons. It was too easy with the 770 to press Undo/Back/Cancel when trying to press the Down direction button instead.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Cheapest I found online for a 8GB SD = $99. I'll just wait until someone on here confirm that the N800 will accept this.

Originally Posted by jayholler View Post
yeah, no luck here at the Parsippany NJ store either. i'm going to keep trying until i can pick one up though.

no dice at the springfield,nj store either,but i managed to pick one up at the edison store.

i also have a samsung q1b thats supposed to be here on tuesday. one of these must go back or the wife will leave me

Can anybody tell me what the battery life is of the new N800?
Nokia normally does a good job at that, so it probably won't be that different from the 770, but I'd like to know for sure.

Furthermore were is this new tablet made? I read that the prototype was made in Korea, is the final one also?

How is the stability? I hated the crashes of the 770, and I hope it is ironed out in the new OS.

What IS running on this OS? Internet Tablet 2007? Will it also be available for the Nokia 770? That would we helpful for me in order to test stability.
But Nokia doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to long term support, so I wouldn't at all be surprised if the new OS would be N800 only. THAT would suck, especially if they ended support and OS updates for the 770 from now on. That would also make me think twice about geting a N800. A product that has 14 months of support from Nokia is rather expensive at 400 euros.
But Nokia also does that with their Symbian phones. A lot of/most software that is developed for the latest S60 third edition does not work on second or first edition, and there is no update for the OS on the phones.
I really hope Nokia changes its ways on the Tablets.

So it pretty much comes down to the new OS. They should release the update for the 770. And after I installed it on the 770 and concluded that it is finally stable, than I'll buy a new N800 for myself and recommend all of my friend to get one as well.

It runs 2007 software.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
from http://maemo.org/downloads/releases.html:

You cannot flash your old Nokia 770 device with the new OS 2007 Edition. More details available from maemo 2.1 and 3.0 compatibility page.

hmmm...

found on the maemo.org site some interesting info on the N800 in their FAQ
One tidbit
The cpu is a TI omap2420 processor running at 330mhz
here is the link to an explanation of it's processor
http://dspvillage.ti.com/pdfs/omap2architecture.pdf
This is one nice chip and we are getting the deluxe version with enhanced video capabilities. SWEET!

Last edited by wls; 2007-01-08 at 01:10. Reason: spelling