Notices

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Hello all.
Just in case someone didn't notice:
Since I’m not a big fan of boring lectures, tribunes or formal declarations of any kind, I’d like to introduce new format for my talk at the San Francisco conference, which, in my opinion, suits the idea of open collaborating community much better. I want those of you, who want their application to be re-designed in a fancy way, to send me links and descriptions of your work and I’ll do it not only for free (as always , but using techniques that I’ll be talking about on stage. And I’ll use your particular application to show things in real world. To my mind it’s a totally win-win solution. I’ll have great examples to show during the talk, much better than imagining fake ones, and you’ll have nice UI/UX mockups to use (or not to use if you’d like to) in your application. Actual presence in the room during my talk is a great bonus

So don’t be shy and post your applications right here in comments!

P.S.: No commercial software is allowed. Sorry, folks.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:
It's great you're reaching out like this If you don't have any better examples to work on, I'd appreciate some help with mfakecaller. Particularly the main menu. At the moment im trying to fit in more icons for saving/reloading default values, working on a better image selection menu, I need to add a file dialog for slecting pics/ringtones from the phone file system which needs designed, and it all kinda looks just plain sucky basically. Plus the application icon sucks, especially as it's kinda blurry and jaggy from resizing and saving incorrectly :P I have zero design skills so I'd definitely appreciate some of your design knowledge to make the application look better

Links to screenshots (doesnt include the image selction menu, I can add a screenshot of that later).

I won't be at the conference though, I think it would be cooler if it was someone's application that was actually there.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-04-23 at 10:31.