I do note that with Advanced Camera, the photos come out upside-down. Not sure if there's a way to fix that; I can't find a "rotation" option in advanced camera settings.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Indeed, with your procedure it works well most of the time. But after a reboot I have to launch the camera from the lockscreen twice before it works as expected.
tbh I did not reboot yet (one of the last measures!), but did now. And no problem at all. (maybe patchmanager restarting lipstick after reboot?)

I tried before but with less manipulations and I still had to unlock the phone before. I assumed then that there is no need to unlock the phone with the stock app because the binary for the lockscreen is different than the on accessible from the app menu. But maybe it was because I messed a little to much with my phone.
??

I just tried to undo one by one the steps of your procedure to find what I missed, and it looks that with only "Exec=harbour-advanced-camera" in the "/usr/share/applications/jolla-camera-lockscreen.desktop" file, and after having restart lipstick or rebooted, advanced camera is still accessible from the lockscreen.
Did you miss the hash '#' in front of the original line?
[Code]#Exec=invoker -s --type=silica-media,silica-qt5 /usr/bin/jolla-camera-lockscreen
Exec=harbour-advanced-camera-lockscreen

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I do note that with Advanced Camera, the photos come out upside-down. Not sure if there's a way to fix that; I can't find a "rotation" option in advanced camera settings.
I reported it here some time ago but perhaps it would be better to report it on the Advanced Camera issue tracker. At this point I don't know if the issue is with the application or the configs for the Proš port.

There are other issues with Advanced Camera that keep me from using it as my main camera application at the moment, like the ISO and flash mode selection not working.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-02-10 at 02:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know how to get OKBoard running? It shows the error "screen size is too big" so I assume some configuration needs changed but I don't know what.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Today for the first time I've been trying to edit some files using nano, in both ToeTerm and the standard terminal app.

I've started to see some jumping cursor issues, similar to the issues in terminal which were corrected in ToeTerm (edit occurs at different position than cursor etc.). I saw the problem in ToeTerm so, switched to the usual Terminal app, but had the same problem.
I've only seen the issue inside nano, I haven't yet managed to reproduce it on the command line.

Guess I will have to look for another editor, or a different build of nano.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
[...]
I've started to see some jumping cursor issues, similar to the issues in terminal which were corrected in ToeTerm (edit occurs at different position than cursor etc.). I saw the problem in ToeTerm so, switched to the usual Terminal app, but had the same problem.
I've only seen the issue inside nano, I haven't yet managed to reproduce it on the command line.
Sounds like https://github.com/R-033/toeterm/issues/12 resurfaced?!?
For details and a workaround (by adjusting the font size in Terminal) see there.

I observed that again lately in Terminal at the command line, too.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I played around with font sizes and while I couldn't make nano behave completely, the behaviour does seem to vary with the font setting. So I think you are on the right track here olf!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. Was wondering if folks are using Xposed Framework and or Magisk on Android OS Fxtec Pro.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry. This thread is about Sailfish on Fxtec...

Last edited by mscion; 2020-02-12 at 22:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
[...]
So I think you are on the right track here olf!
Sorry, I am not on any track WRT this, anymore.
I once filed this bug, described the behaviour, have my workarounds ... and the subsequent discussion even pointed at the code location involved.

Feel free to pick up from here and reopen the ToeTerm issue or a new one for Fingerterm.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Today for the first time I've been trying to edit some files using nano, in both ToeTerm and the standard terminal app.

Guess I will have to look for another editor, or a different build of nano.
Try "export TERM=xterm-color" in your ~/.bash_profile. I think it improved (fixed) the situation for me (but I actually did not use Fingerterm/Toeterm much after looking into this issue some weeks ago, I mainly use Tilix from Ubu-chroot now).

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-02-14 at 14:49.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os