I really had high hopes for the N9 and its an amazing device that will no doubt penetrate the mass market but its not what i am looking for.

Most forum members here will understand what i am saying.
I want a device with that will offer a desktop linux experience - hildon is a perfect example of that with a hardware keyboard and all the nerd kingdom goodies out there.
I want a device that will replace the need for a tablet and a dumphone combo.

In the end, it seems that i want what most people on this forum want, a stronger N900.

Is anyone going to make that for me?

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
I really had high hopes for the N9 and its an amazing device that will no doubt penetrate the mass market but its not what i am looking for.

I want a device with that will offer a desktop linux experience - hildon is a perfect example of that with a hardware keyboard and all the nerd kingdom goodies out there.

In the end, it seems that i want what most people on this forum want, a stronger N900.

I think we will have to get lucky. Some chinese company to make a MeeGo-compatible phone and then the community to fill in a lot of holes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I think we will have to get lucky. Some chinese company to make a MeeGo-compatible phone and then the community to fill in a lot of holes.
I was in china this year and from what i saw there i really have high hopes for a Shanzai/Shenzhen Meego phone, those guys know their stuff but is the geek market really so small that most major players find it unprofitable to make a such device every year or two?

Last edited by Daneel; 2011-06-22 at 14:50.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Valencia (Spain)
Hi,

If, finally, the Openmoko GTA04 appears, it could be great to adapt it to Meego.

http://www.gta04.org

Regards,
Àngel

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aperles For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Yes, the market is way too small. You can only hope that N9 sells well, and NOKIA will make you what you want as they have done with N900. A start up will focus on the biggest market segment, rather than geeky small market

I cannot believe the N900 did not bring ANY profit to Nokia. Is there any actual sales number published anymore?? The least I could believe is that they got it at cost lol, to me that would still make it worth it. You might not won any money but you didn't lose any, and you made a lot of people happy.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Yes, the market is way too small. You can only hope that N9 sells well, and NOKIA will make you what you want as they have done with N900. A start up will focus on the biggest market segment, rather than geeky small market
The N9 won't do well for the simple fact that, Nokia have decided not to release it to anyof the large markets

No UK, US, France, Germany, Spain... ect

This is Elop's way to ruin the N9 as he knows it offers a much greater experience then any of their WP7 devices will offer and they are due to be released around the same time, Nokia don't want MeeGo to stop WP7's chances

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
I cannot believe the N900 did not bring ANY profit to Nokia. Is there any actual sales number published anymore?? The least I could believe is that they got it at cost lol, to me that would still make it worth it. You might not won any money but you didn't lose any, and you made a lot of people happy.
The world you want also consists of fairies and all sorts of other fantasy :P

Companies only care about ONE thing, making a profit. They don't give a flaming monkey crap if they make people happy or not, unless they make a profit, its a failure and they won't waste time doing it again

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post

I dont get your point, n900 is for geeks and N9 is can be for geeks. There will be a community edition so people can throw out the official UI and replace with something else IF they want to.

Have you bothered to read about this at meego.com and developer.nokia.com?

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
The N9 won't do well for the simple fact that, Nokia have decided not to release it to anyof the large markets

this thing has been blown way out of proportion imo... i think they just dont have carrier agreements in these countries. either they will eventually, or you can just buy an unlocked phone.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post

This is Elop's way to ruin the N9 as he knows it offers a much greater experience then any of their WP7 devices will offer and they are due to be released around the same time, Nokia don't want MeeGo to stop WP7's chances

The world you want also consists of fairies and all sorts of other fantasy :P

Companies only care about ONE thing, making a profit. They don't give a flaming monkey crap if they make people happy or not, unless they make a profit, its a failure and they won't waste time doing it again
please show a link with official STATEMENT from NOKIA this is the case else you are a troll.

Tags
boo hoo, epic fail, goodbye nokia, nerd rage, pleasing geeks, sell at loss