Active Topics

What are you going to use 16GB for? Video and audio on both 800 and 810 are very crappy. I wish I can install MS office on my N800 :-). I got 8GB card and still have plenty of room after cloning OS to it.

I don't store movies on my cards.. however, with the insane amount of megapixels on digital cameras these days it's easy to quickly fill up any card just with photos. And I like to use the NIT as a dumping area for when my camera card gets full while travelling.

in relation to a limitation of 32GB for fat32, that is incorrect.

windows will only allow you to format it to that size but if you use linux or the software cd's that ship with hard drives it is possible to make a fat32 partition of over 100GB

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Does anybody have the 16gb micro sdhc card and confirm that it work on the N810? I'm looking to buy and I just wanna make sure it'll work. Thanks

Hi, can you guys play a 800x480 movie .avi on N8xx? I'm using mplayer, but there are laggies every fast movement. If you can, share any tips. Thanks.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
Does anybody have the 16gb micro sdhc card and confirm that it work on the N810? I'm looking to buy and I just wanna make sure it'll work. Thanks

yes, i bought one from bestbuy 3 weeks ago, i reformatted it on the n810, then i dumped my music on there, alot of pdf files, pics & vids = avi, mpg, mp4... & as a test, i loaded a small .iso file to play, i copied the anime "spirited away" since it was the smallest @ 1.8 GB.. know what? mplayer plays it, but real jerky like, but it plays.. i asked if it was doable to play .iso files awhile ago in here, but it went unanswered, soo, the 16GB micro helped me answer my own question.

The Following User Says Thank You to j'vai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anhzxcv View Post
Hi, can you guys play a 800x480 movie .avi on N8xx? I'm using mplayer, but there are laggies every fast movement. If you can, share any tips. Thanks.
you know something funny? i have .avi files that CAN play in the default media player, then others that can't..

face off- only in mplayer

ghost in the shell- mplayer

sin city- mplayer

constantine- mplayer & the default

elephant dream- mplayer & default

also, i noticed some improvements in smoothness when i upgrade from chinook to diablo, where in chinook i got LOTS of stutter, in diablo, much, much smoother.

Last edited by j'vai; 2008-12-16 at 16:21.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
Does anybody have the 16gb micro sdhc card and confirm that it work on the N810?
Yes, I've had the Sandisk for a while now and it works fine. Do note that some miniSD to microSD adapters don't work very well with the N810 though.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Derby, UK
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Yes, I've had the Sandisk for a while now and it works fine. Do note that some miniSD to microSD adapters don't work very well with the N810 though.
What class is the Sandisk card? I thought they were only class 2 which sounded very slow. Are faster ones available now or doesn't it matter that much? I'm currently using a class 4 8Gb microSDHC.

Originally Posted by HowieG View Post
What class is the Sandisk card?
Don't know, but hdparm reports slightly under 4MB/sec reads.

Are faster ones available now or doesn't it matter that much?
It depends on your usage patterns, but probably not.