Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Hello guys, I have an issue on my Nokia N9. The OVI store has suddenly stopped working, and instead of its icon now I see an exclamation mark (same for Music store).

When I click on it it says the application is unusable and I should reinstall it, and when I click on Reinstall, it says "Can't install: Application incompatible with other installed applications".

When I did an apt-get upgrade, it says:

The following packages have unmet dependencies: package-manager: Depends: sysinfoclkent but it is not installable

Now I kind of feel like sysinfoclkent obviously is sysinfoclient which is already installed, so I don't understand why sysinfoclkent is listed as a dependency... But I am also not sure whether this is a problem with the package or with something I have done... I looked sysinfoclkent up and it doesn't exist, so I'm guessing the dependency is sysinfoclient which is installed on my device already.

Also, it suggested I try apt-get -f install, but when I do that it's going to remove a really huge amount of packages which seem very important, so I did not do that.

I have installed things such as N9 QuickTweak and Inception... However, the problem only started this morning after I tried to install Firefox and a game called Numptyphysics... After failing to install the two, since it gave an error and said I should try downloading them again, I quit the store and then I noticed that the whole store is unavailable...

If possible I would like to fix the issue without reflashing... Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Try to purge the firefox and numptyphysics packages then report how things go...

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned, they are not installed. I tried to install them, and after downloading the packages in the installing stage it failed and said it couldn't be installed and I should try downloading them again. Maybe it had nothing to do with it...

Oh and I remember just now that before this happened I went on http://my-meego.com/ and was looking at the packages available, and after clicking to install Fennec from there instead of the OVI Store app it suddenly gave me a whole black page (which I think was the store, but it didn't show anything).

That was the very last thing before this problem...

Thanks again.

Last edited by AMLJ; 2013-06-17 at 17:31.

Post the output of typing the following as root in terminal:

Code:
apt-get install ovistoreclient ovistoreclient-guard --reinstall

Thanks.
Again, same error as said in the beginning, like when I run apt-get upgrade:

Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done 
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  package-manager: Depends: sysinfoclkent but it is not installable
E: Unment dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
And as I mentioned, apt-get -f install wants to remove a lot of packages which seem pretty important...

Thanks

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
That usually happens if you install packages from unknown origin or if you use inception to override any system package.

And sysinfoclkent package doesnt exist, so maybe some package has depency on that when it should have depency on sysinfoclient. (Sounds like typo in debian package).

Fix options:
1. Reflash the device, and next time be more carefull to install packages from other sources.

2. Learn how refhashlist works, and fix refhashlist to have com.nokia.maemo origin instead of unknown or com.nokia.maemo/local. And/or fake sysinfoclkent as installed to system.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-06-17 at 18:07.

Well this second option seems tempting... Trying to find out how to do it... :\

Thanks.

Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
Well this second option seems tempting... Trying to find out how to do it... :\

Thanks.
Well he has posted it before so you don't need to figure out much

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Well he has posted it before so you don't need to figure out much
Yes I found that but the BIG DISCLAIMER scared the hell out of me!

And... I don't get the last bit... Installing packages over them?

But I'm going to give it a shot soon. Thanks. xD

Anything I should know before I start it?

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
backup ecerything important you have just in case something happen ..