Active Topics

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
The only thing that got me happy with PR 1.2 is the USSD feature that was added (this was actually supposed to be included before the phone got released). Other than that, there was nothing in it that I need.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
After updating with PR 1.2 I am very satisfy.
The mobile works faster, the battery last a little longer, Skype-video works fine. Also there is new and better OVI Maps ( well not as good as Symbian one, but hope after both are Qt related soon we will get metter one for N900).
In general for me the wait for this update was worth.

There is one thing I do not understand - almost all Maemo users are waiting for every next update, but Android users (some my friends and more) are just using their mobiles and are pretty satisfy. I know N900 is much better device in comparison to all high-end Andriods, but maybe there is different expectations from this two OS....
Or Maemo/MeeGo users are wiser. ;-)))
Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to jorjino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marktold View Post
Here is what I really hope for PR 1.3

Bug fixes of course but here is what I realy realy want

a) portrait mode for lockscreen so you can unlock with one hand
(don't need portrait for desktop or browser)

I can unlock the phone with one hand easy, you just press the power button twice with your thumb, then use it to swipe the unlock. Give it a try

c) Integration of MSN Messenger like Skype
Add an MSN account - but no video calls yet.

Read the parts

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bbin View Post
I have noticed about 30% increase in batterylife and that was all I was asking for.
Don't know exact figures, but i'm half battery now after 15 hours. Only thing I've really noticed so far, but for me this was a big thing

For what it is worth - I had 2 N97s which both broke and the software was absolute mince. The N900 is very good but..

No voice Nav
No MMS
No video calls (except Skype)
No support from OVI Suite
No voice recognition
etc

PR1.2 has done very little for me and now If the rumours are to believed yet another handset is going obsolete as Nokia aren't going to port Meego onto it.

Take the iPhone as a comparison - OS4.0 comes out soon and will go onto all iPhones and iTouch, iPod etc.

For me then the lack of support and continuity by Nokia has just cost them my next upgrade. The N900 could have beaten the iPhone but due to the switch from Maemo and lack of Meego support Nokia have taken another wrong turn.

Nokia

I am unhappy about email widget not working with nokia messaging, media player widget still not working, calendar widget still has no way to choose your view (month, agenda etc). I think you can see the trail.

Widgets have not been even touched in this PR 1.2 which is such a shame, introducing a new half baked widget when the previous ones are still not working properly.

Still forcing us to open phone app then dialpad, should have an option to open in dialpad straight.

This update is pretty much what everyone expected but i expected the desktop/widgets to be working flawlessly by now but we are still at dec 09

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
I think that the most annoying bugs have been fixed.
And my favourite is Qt, I can now play with it without restorting to hacks.

Apart from these, 1.2 is bloatware.

But I didn't expect more.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
Still forcing us to open phone app then dialpad, should have an option to open in dialpad straight.
I haven't yet installed 1.2, but on 1.1 all you have to do from the desktop is start typing a number and the dialpad opens automatically.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Is sends an SMS to Nokia after the update all by itself. I do not like it.

general increase in performance and battery life for me but what i want to know is where the hell os the updated ovi store we were promised?
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.