anyone else have problems with audio ouput being extremely sensitive to the movement of the headphone jack?

i.e. playing mp3 audio and move the cable at all leads to ouput being paused.

software or hardware...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
Huh? Is this something XA2 specific or did I miss something?
I can close apps fine by swiping down (J1 and ported tablet). Just do it near the corner... either one, doesn't matter.
ohh you right

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
h1. issues in the browser:

HTML5 utube videos does not work?

For example big daddy linux latest edition

http://crates.io does not show contents.

Sometimes the URL bar at the bottom disapear and seems totally impossible get it back. Happened in utube.

h1. Gallery play

Got black screen when play an utube downloaded via vodman the only way to fix the issue was to restart phone :/

h1. Issues with dalvik

Often apps shows black screen.

Overall SFOS3 seems to be the most buggy SFOS version I have used so far.

Also they have ****ed up the UI in some bad way. SFOS was easy to use now it start to be broken as Android.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2019-05-26 at 15:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
h1. issues in the browser:

HTML5 utube videos does not work?

For example big daddy linux latest edition

http://crates.io does not show contents.

Sometimes the URL bar at the bottom disapear and seems totally impossible get it back. Happened in utube.

h1. Gallery play

Got black screen when play an utube downloaded via vodman the only way to fix the issue was to restart phone :/

h1. Issues with dalvik

Often apps shows black screen.

Overall SFOS3 seems to be the most buggy SFOS version I have used so far.

Also they have ****ed up the UI in some bad way. SFOS was easy to use now it start to be broken as Android.
Old news sailor, time to bail ship or keep using it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
Is it documented somewhere what the differences between the Sailfish X and Sailfish XA2 are? I keep reading about Android 8.1 support. But what does that mean exactly? And are there any other differences between the two? I have an X and am trying to figure out if an upgrade is worth the time and money. I have been searching but find no concrete info.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
Is it documented somewhere what the differences between the Sailfish X and Sailfish XA2 are? I keep reading about Android 8.1 support. But what does that mean exactly? And are there any other differences between the two? I have an X and am trying to figure out if an upgrade is worth the time and money. I have been searching but find no concrete info.
First of all, it depends on your needs for Android apps. For myself, a few apps are necessary on my daily phone. (I only have had Jolla/Sailfish as daily phones.)

Recently, I dropped my X. With the replacement, it appeared that many Android apps received updates during the last few months, that require newer versions of Google Services. So I could not install several apps on my new X, which were happily running on my old one. My bank, a wind farm (production data), apps which I do not want to download elsewhere (bank) or are simply not available elsewhere than in Google Play Store. Other apps had already stopped last year, requiring Android 7.

I had already decided to buy a new XA2. After installing Sailfish, it appears I need Google Services, period. I hope Jolla or the community will work out something, otherwise my XA2 is useless.

BTW Another bank decided to check whether the bootloader switch is still in factory position. If not: no install.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I had already decided to buy a new XA2. After installing Sailfish, it appears I need Google Services, period. I hope Jolla or the community will work out something, otherwise my XA2 is useless.
https://together.jolla.com/question/...ested-working/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to satoh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
I have Google Play Store working, and one bank app. Whatsapp refuses to connect to the SMS facility at the moment, but there is hope!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
I have Google Play Store working, and one bank app. Whatsapp refuses to connect to the SMS facility at the moment, but there is hope!
following the guide and seems gplay installed however swedish bankid wants you to scan QRCode to create the certificate. And of course that does not work. Camera starts but it does not scan the barcode... probadbly some camera event that is not detected in dalvik :/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
I had a modded WhatsApp version installed without Gapps , it worked flawlessly, same as my banking app, just android beta.

ps my phone is an XA2 single sim.

Nowadays using Lineage 16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post: