Posts: 15 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Bucharest
Hello everybody,

I have just made an OTA SW update to the latest version for N900 and it all seemed to work out fine. Have reinstalled all apps from my backup - although I'm not sure that was really necessary, by the looks of it.

My HUGE problem now is that every single time I'm in a call (inbound or outbound) the device gets restarted... There's no warning that I could see, haven't received any error messages at any point, nor can I establish a pattern of any sort, as it reboots at different call lengths...

This is a very serious issue for me and thus I'm really hanging on your assistance and support on the manner.

Looking forward to your replies.

you should reinstall it using the maemo-flasher tool...Did you installed any app after updating?

The Following User Says Thank You to crash16 For This Useful Post:
PS. Is there a way to disable the auto-rotate (besides the telephony function) or are there any levels of customization on this behavior?

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Reflash the device, see here https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware then install the applications manualy.
If you still have problems may be related to hardware and you will be better contact Nokia Service.
From my personal experience I didn't saw a restart since PR1.1.1

The Following User Says Thank You to puiradu For This Useful Post:
Apparently the rotatedemon app doesn't go along that well with the new SW version... As soon as I've unstalled it, it all works like a charm - no reflash or any other errors whatsoever!

Was waiting fot OTA update exactly because of not wanting to manually install all apps. I'm one happy user now So nice to finally use all the new features that I kept reading about...

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Hi Alex. Just so you know, even if you flash with your PC, if you run backup with a wi-fi connection, your apps and games will be installed on their own. Just leave it running for about an hour or two (depending on how many apps you have installed).

After running backup you will be prompted to install your previous apps and you can choose which to install too.