Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
yeah i mean cover in homescreen...thats great, i dont understand why original dalvik stops if reduced in homescreen..last question. once it will be fnished i difficoult to port on other devices like fairphone? or is a way easily portable?thanks for all dude
that depends. if SailfishOS is flashed on top of CM it is easy to port (hadk devices). if SailfishOS is like on the jolla or ubuntu touch, where the android base has been stripped (eg. only the necessary android services required to boot SailfishOS are included) there is more work needed (but still possible)

Last edited by liar; 2015-12-24 at 08:31.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
As far as I've tested if you kill the Android services you won't be able to restart them until a full restart.

And I haven't tested Bluetooth yet, theoretically it could would, once I get back I'll test, as long as Bluetooth is switched off in Sailfish and you're using Bluetooth in CM it *should* work. But a more permanent way is to pass WiFi, Bluetooth, Mobile network from Sailfish to Android, but to avoid issues with sailfish you would probably have to disable the settings of WiFi etc. In Android

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Android uses a lot of RAM; it seems unlikely that you could run Android and Maemo in the N900's 256 MB. The Neo900, on the other hand, might be plausible.
How much RAM is being used by running Harmattandroid?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hi! I'm trying last version on my nexus 5 in a fresh install of SFOS 2.0 and I have no touch at all...app not responding every 5 secs and then the following error:

[nemo@Jolla ~]$ sfdroid
Wayland display got fatal error 32: Broken pipe
Additionally, errno was set to 32: Broken pipe
The display is now unusable, aborting.
Aborted

Thanks in advance for any help!
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jem555 View Post
Hi! I'm trying last version on my nexus 5 in a fresh install of SFOS 2.0 and I have no touch at all...app not responding every 5 secs and then the following error:

[nemo@Jolla ~]$ sfdroid
Wayland display got fatal error 32: Broken pipe
Additionally, errno was set to 32: Broken pipe
The display is now unusable, aborting.
Aborted

Thanks in advance for any help!
I'm assuming you haven't gotten a response yet, but it's just not stable. We're working on it, handling input for sfdroid is proving more difficult than I realised. But we're hoping we can get it working soon along with a special something

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
I'm assuming you haven't gotten a response yet, but it's just not stable. We're working on it, handling input for sfdroid is proving more difficult than I realised. But we're hoping we can get it working soon along with a special something
Ok, no problem. I understand. You're doing an amazing job with this. Now, after shutting down the phone and then starting, touchscreen works. Rebooting didn't work.
Nokia 2160 > Nokia 5120 > Nokia 3595 > Nokia 3600 > Nokia 7710 > Nokia N95/N800 > Nokia N900 > Nokia N9 > LG Nexus 5 (Multirom: Sailfish/Cyanogenmod/MIUI) > Sony Xperia Z2 (MIUI) > Sony Xperia X (SailfishX)...but N900 still rockin'!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jem555 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
I finally got Nexus 5 phone after I was once scammed when buying it.

Thanks liar and nh1402 for your work, I got this compatibility layer to work!

Oh and also tried apkenv. It worked with angry birds as one can see.

Last edited by eekkelund; 2016-01-13 at 17:08. Reason: Changed last image

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
The Sailfish OS port on the OnePlus One is getting fairly mature. Has anyone given this a try on that device yet?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post:
how did bluetooth passthrough work out nh1402 ? It could be interesting for something like a pebble when something beyond the basic sailfish software is needed.

Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
how did bluetooth passthrough work out nh1402 ? It could be interesting for something like a pebble when something beyond the basic sailfish software is needed.
It didn't work at all, logcat is spammed with bluetooth related errors.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:

Tags
apkenv