Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
That's nothing. How about being tasered on a ledge and falling to your death because you were running around naked, swinging a light bulb (apparently the long florescent type) and yelling because you didn't take your medication.
Here's one near where I live. Top this.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Missou...y_19_0726.html

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
...the weapon is immaterial:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/24/...ef=werecommend
Aren't Monty Python screenings mandatory in police training ?

That sure explains a lot.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ North of even Barry
Originally Posted by tso View Post
heh, on the flipside, there is a story about a local from the northern part of norway who basically called the local uniform that the officer was a male horses private parts.

the judge dismissed it as a common term used by people in that area (and yes, they do have a more colorful language up there).
I was notified about this posting and called in as an Expert in the matter: The reason that term is not illegal is because the locals are not using it as a deregatory (sp?) term. The expression is used about a person who deliberately, and with no justified cause, tries to create problems for other people just for the heck of it. The nature of the problems they create would not be to for example cut your car's tires, it's more the type where you block a person's way so that he misses the ferry, and such. There are many opportunities for a police officer to behave like that, and if he does, the judge allowed you to use that single word term about the officer.

There's no alternative term[1] in fact, the alternative is about as long as the explanation above and that is why there is such a nice useful word to use instead.

Hope that made sense, now I go back to lurking.

[1] in the local language

Last edited by sp-tor; 2008-09-26 at 09:05.

that was the best post on this forum ever!

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Austin, TX
Sorry to spoil the fun, but the charges have been dropped. Dang, I was looking forward to see how this one played out!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I guarantee if it was my youngest teenage son being charged, he'd end up in prison.

That kid can get RANK.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I guarantee if it was my youngest teenage son being charged, he'd end up in prison.

That kid can get RANK.
It's always good to recognize talent at an early age....

The trick is turning it into a marketable skill when one becomes an adult.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson