Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Every night, i leave my phone on...just lock it with the button/switch on the right side. Every morning when i unlock the phone, i see the calendar opened. Why?

Yes, I have the same issue occasionally. Unlock the device & the calender is opened??

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Yup, exactly !

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I know this sounds a bit silly, but maybe you touched the calendar applet? It launches the calendar app. I had this issue with foreca (i think) widget - I kept touching it while reaching for the lock button.

Can't hurt to ask, right?

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I know this sounds a bit silly, but maybe you touched the calendar applet? It launches the calendar app. I had this issue with foreca (i think) widget - I kept touching it while reaching for the lock button.

Can't hurt to ask, right?

I've had this same issue for a few days, I thought that i must be inadvertantly starting the calendar app, but I can 100% say now thats not the case.

My second thought is that it could be in some way related to my daily entries there, but i cant work out why - i have no alerts set.

Its strange, but I quite like the quirk

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
mine opens calendar to show me nothing every morning. I dont even use the calendar... it's completely empty. very odd, must be a way to stop it from auto-popping up every morning.

this is a common thing an there is a thread about this already. it happens to mine too. but i actually like it cos ya get to see your daily meetings first thing. apperently this only happens if you have the callender set to delete entries older than a month in the settings in calendar. a bug report has also been filed. try changeing the setting to see if it makes a differnce an let us know i will do mine now too. (i have set mine to never delete)

Last edited by Tjgib2001; 2009-12-18 at 01:33.

i accidentally deleted the calendar applet on my desktop. anyone know how to put it back on there?

tap empty space on desktop. click the little box that pops down from top of screen. then click on the other pop down menu at the left top of screen (or the actual words "desktop menu"), a menu will open, click add widget, then click the word calendar. or ya can click add shortcut, then scroll down to callendar.

yes it worked for me. got up this morning and the callendar had not opened. hope it works for you guys.