Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my transmission torrent program. I start the torrent, then wait for like a minute, the torrent stops and I get this ''permission denied'' error. Have any of you encountered this and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to joshv06 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my transmission torrent program. I start the torrent, then wait for like a minute, the torrent stops and I get this ''permission denied'' error. Have any of you encountered this and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks
Are you sure it's not maybe a private torrent, that requires a password or something?

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Are you sure it's not maybe a private torrent, that requires a password or something?

Yeah, I'm sure. It's a torrent site in Sweeden that is getting sued. Lol

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Do you have the save folder set to a card with enough space?

(I'm just tryin to throw some ideas out there, Transmission works perfectly on my N810, so I don't have any first-hand experience with the problem you're facing....)
Yeah there is enough space, I'm saving the downloaded files to the internal 2gb memory. I have 1.6gb available.

Thanks for helping btw.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
AFAIK, this is a limitation with FAT: You can't save files bigger than 4GB and/or ones that exceed a certain length in name (I think)

NTFS is out of the question, so if you know how, use ext3

I am having the same problem, and found this -

http://forum.transmissionbt.com/view...5a70bbacebc5a2

But the directory I am saving to seems to have all possible permissions. (ls -l shows rwxrwxrwx, but I don't claim any real linux expertise)

Could the owner of the directory make a difference here?

well, it seems that i found my problem. both memory cards have become read only. i have something new to learn now . . .

Originally Posted by kebauc View Post
well, it seems that i found my problem. both memory cards have become read only. i have something new to learn now . . .
Thanks for your input, I will see if that will fix mine.

Thanks

For the record, reformatting both mmc1 and mmc2 fixed my problems.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread. I had this issue just yesterday, messed with unmounting and remounting the mmc1 partition. Before remounting, even creating a new blank file with touch was impossible.
Remounted and tested again, could create files and symlinks, but as soon as I opened transmission, the file system entered on read only mode again.

I'm pretty sure that I've used transmission successfully before, but can't manage to use it again.