Posts: 76 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Friday Harbor, WA, USA
So, I upgraded to Diablo 4.2008.30-2, and after all sorts of issues, that, through the help of various forum members and their post, I managed to resolve, things seemed to be working quite well.

on Sept 6th, I started getting errors in my chat client when connecting, saying "unable to connect to one or mor accounts." When I tap the presence icon at the top of the screen, my icq, google, ekiga, and aim icons tell me i am connected, but msn says network error. Is there somewhere i can look for what the error is? I can log in to hotmail with no problems, but the last time my chat let me on (and i used it) was Sept 5th. (I checked in osso-imlogviewer)

Just wondering if I can track this down. apt-get check says all is good, apt-get install telepathy-haze says 'is already the newest version.' It also says the following packages were automatically installed but are no longer required:
initfs-flasher libgnutls13 libtasn1-3 kernel-diablo-flasher libopencdk10 libgcryptl1 liblzo2-2libgpg-error0 flash-and-reboot
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.

Somehow doesn't sound quite right...

thanks for your time and consideration!

Oberon85

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Friday Harbor, WA, USA
Strangely enough, I changed my nickname and Account name, and now I can connect to msn. As soon as I connected, i got a network error from icq... Anyone else experiencing this type of thing?

btw, I have searched through the forums looking for some info on this, but not much luck.

thanks

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Yep, I have a same problem. Sip and Gtalk working just fine. And msn works in Pidgin but no in default chat client.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Seems that libpurple0 (2.4.3-collabora1) is the only one that makes msn work.

check here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...=14313&page=30

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
When I updated to the most recent firmware, I got an error (I think it was a network error) when I tried to chat with someone on the MSN account in the default Chat program. I deleted my MSN account from the accounts settings, and then reactivated it with all the same settings I had before. It worked with no problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
yaa, i had to manually install (downgrade) libpurple0 to 2.4.3-0nix0
wget http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...nix0_armel.deb
dpkg -i libpurple0_2.4.3-0nix0_armel.deb

now it works fine

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lasupermarmota For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
the problem is telepathy-haze, the package that provides the msn support. it seems it cant work with a libpurple of the 2.5.x series.

so dont try to play around with the recent pidgin update, as it wants to install a more recent libpurple as part of its install

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Yeah thanks! Now its working again!

Originally Posted by lasupermarmota View Post
yaa, i had to manually install (downgrade) libpurple0 to 2.4.3-0nix0
wget http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...nix0_armel.deb
dpkg -i libpurple0_2.4.3-0nix0_armel.deb

now it works fine
wow. it has been months since i've been able to chat to my msn buddies using the built-in client on my n800. i've looked around for a solution ever since my rtcomm stopped working with msn, but i haven't been able to find one. finally, after many searches and much effort reviewing how to use xterm, i followed these instructions and it works! maybe someone can make a seperate thread or throw this in the wiki.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
qole has filled a bug for this. you could vote if you like.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4032