Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by marclais View Post
Can this program update podcasts at regular intervals, and/or show podcast episode info?
Yes, it can update podcasts at regular intervals and show episode shownotes.

The AAM podcast has a nice quick start guide with screenshots.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Thanks, looks good so far. I would require them to be licensed under the terms of the "GPLv3 or later" (or a compatible/more permissive license, e.g. public domain also works) if I am to include it directly in the gPodder distribution - it would make my life much easier
I thought artwork was usually licensed under Creative Commons licenses. But I don't really care that much so let's just say they are licensed under GPLv3.

Originally Posted by Tomaszd View Post
I like the icons, although the "Radioactive" icon isn't really appropriate, come on... Maybe a trash can?
It let's you know that you are really nuking your files.

I'll make a trash can for you if it's that important.

Edit:

Added to the original .zip.

Last edited by joppu; 2009-11-27 at 08:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Awesome, this looks much better Thanks.

I quite like gPodder so far. The interface looks good and is quite intuitive. Never the less I do have to questions:

1. I have exported an OPML file from itunes and wanted to import it into gPodder, but I am afraid I don't see how to do it. Is there a way to import and OPML file with my subscriptions? I already have it on my N900.
2. I have noticed that when the podcasts are not bookmarked so that it remembers where I left in order to start at that point again. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Bas

First of all I would like to thank for this great piece of software. The UI is really well designed and using it feels good. It has all the functions that I need and nothing extra which makes it a pleasant experience.

However, I'm having trouble with the downloads. I'm experiencing lotsa timeouts. If I queue 5 downloads I can be pretty sure most of them end up failing with a "Connection timed out" error message. I have to once in a while go to the active downloads list and manually resume all failed downloads. gpodder downloads seem be a resource hog. During downloads python seems to be taking something like 80% of the CPU. Would it be possible to have some kind of a auto-resume where gpodder would try to auto-resume timed out downloads say 5 times?

Originally Posted by Liplap View Post
However, I'm having trouble with the downloads. I'm experiencing lotsa timeouts. If I queue 5 downloads I can be pretty sure most of them end up failing with a "Connection timed out" error message. I have to once in a while go to the active downloads list and manually resume all failed downloads. gpodder downloads seem be a resource hog. During downloads python seems to be taking something like 80% of the CPU. Would it be possible to have some kind of a auto-resume where gpodder would try to auto-resume timed out downloads say 5 times?
Please file this as a feature request ("Add an auto-resume option for downloads" with the description from your post) at https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gPodder

Thanks

Originally Posted by bheetebrij View Post
1. I have exported an OPML file from itunes and wanted to import it into gPodder, but I am afraid I don't see how to do it. Is there a way to import and OPML file with my subscriptions? I already have it on my N900.
Please file this as a feature request ("Please add OPML file import to gPodder") at https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gPodder

In the mean time, the workaround is as follows:
  • Save the file to the data folder of your N900 (so that it appears in the file list that appears when clicking on your device in the file manager, or /home/user/MyDocs in "technical terms")
  • Start gPodder and click on the "Subscribe" button
  • Click on "OPML file from the web"
  • Enter "file:///home/user/MyDocs/filename.opml" (where filename.opml is the name of your OPML file)
  • You should now see the feeds from your OPML file - pick the ones you want to add to gPodder

(The feature request that you are hopefully going to file is for another button "OPML file on my device" that will utilize a proper file chooser instead of having you enter the file:// URL.)

2. I have noticed that when the podcasts are not bookmarked so that it remembers where I left in order to start at that point again. Am I doing something wrong?
The built-in media player does not do that for audio files (bug 1129), although it does it for video files.

Panucci does that, but it is currently not selectable from within gPodder (this is already filed as bug 6325 - feel free to subscribe to it) - in a future version, you will be able to choose between Media Player and Panucci for playing audio files in gPodder, and when selecting Panucci, it will remember the playback position of the podcast.

The workaround here is to install Panucci and manually open files from the "Podcasts" folder where the files are downloaded.

Thanks for the info, @thp

The manual importing of the opml file you suggest worked fine. Thanks! The only issue I ran into is that with some, not all, feeds it marks absolutely all episodes as new whereas with other feeds it only marks the last one as new. I guess the latter is preferable. It is probably something that depends on the feed as opposed to gPodder.

At least, I now have all my feeds neatly in gPodder without too much hassle. Great.

As for Panucci, is it also available for Maemo 5? I see it exists for OS2008, but I don't see a referece to the newest version of Maemo. Please let me know if it is available and where to download.

Re. the bug reporting, I have never done this, but I'll give it a try. At first glance it looked a little daunting, but perhaps this afternoon with more time, I'll manage.

Thanks again!

As for Panucci, is it also available for Maemo 5? I see it exists for OS2008, but I don't see a referece to the newest version of Maemo. Please let me know if it is available and where to download.
It's currently sitting in Extras-Testing, so it's not available from the stable Extras repository.

Daniel has written a step-by-step guide on how to enable Extras-Testing and how to review/rate applications. If you want, please help out. The usual disclaimer applies.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Hellol, this is a fine application. One of the best for N900.

However the program structure is a little restricting.

Can you please add "play all selected new downloads" to the downloads screen?

I cannot log into bugs.maemo.org to submit feature request. The password is not being updated. Therefore I ask here.

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing