You can also use QSettings method "bool contains(QString &key)" to check if the user has that value in transitions.ini. So if the user doesn't you disable that particular option. In this way if the user has an active theme which doen't have cssu settings (and he may have CSSU installed) your program doesn't crash: you can even add the cssu options to "fix" that theme transitions.ini, adding the values in the right group.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
You can also use QSettings method "bool contains(QString &key)" to check if the user has that value in transitions.ini. So if the user doesn't you disable that particular option. In this way if the user has an active theme which doen't have cssu settings (and he may have CSSU installed) your program doesn't crash: you can even add the cssu options to "fix" that theme transitions.ini, adding the values in the right group.
Thanks for the recommendations.

In the last version (1.2-1) added a check for both. If the CSSU is not installed or the settings are not there it will exit with a popup message on the reason.

I think I should not add options in the transitions.ini because finding what is the cause of a problem later with a theme or similar will be too complex for most users and especially people trying to help them.

In my opinion, people using themes should stick with the Theme Customiser and the Tuner. There is no need to have also my app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Uploaded a new version (1.3-1) that fixes a lock-up of the application when hildon-desktop was restarted from the menu button.

Thanks to archebyte for the report.

ERROR: The Community SSU is not installed.

Exiting...
This message appears when I try to start the app. What's the problem

Originally Posted by n13903 View Post

Exiting...
Do you mean you have installed the Community SSU and the application fails to recognise it?

I didn't read the wiki . Sorry )) It works ! I'm very happy )

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Uploaded a new version (1.3-1) that fixes a lock-up of the application when hildon-desktop was restarted from the menu button.

Thanks to archebyte for the report.
killall hildon-desktop ain't good idea since it makes any / all currently running Qt (or pyQt) apps go grazy. This includes also Qt based desktop widgets. Had to remove the killall from TC because of that

So far haven't found a nice way to reload hildon-desktop, but there must be a way since the closed source personalisation_app "reloads" hildon-desktop when changing theme. I wish someone could figure out how it's done.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
killall hildon-desktop ain't good idea since it makes any / all currently running Qt (or pyQt) apps go grazy. This includes also Qt based desktop widgets. Had to remove the killall from TC because of that

So far haven't found a nice way to reload hildon-desktop, but there must be a way since the closed source personalisation_app "reloads" hildon-desktop when changing theme. I wish someone could figure out how it's done.
Yes, I know what you mean..

As a 'workaround' I made it first close the app and then execute the killall command. In that way it doesn't get locked-up.

In the themes department did you check the other option provided?
like:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# hildon-desktop -help

This is Matchbox Window Manager 2.

Usage: hildon-desktop [options]

Options:
  -display display      : X display to connect to (alternatively, display
                          can be specified using the DISPLAY environment
                          variable).
  -sm-client-id id      : Session id.
  -theme-always-reload  : Reload theme even if it matches the currently
                          loaded theme.
  -theme theme          : Load the specified theme
Nokia-N900:~#

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by n13903 View Post

Exiting...
FWIW: I had this exact problem and went thru extensive unnecessary changes to try to fix it. Finally fixed it by uninstalling the CSSU startup program and installing it again.

I see that you solved your problem; I'm just posting this in case it helps someone...

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Yes, I know what you mean..

As a 'workaround' I made it first close the app and then execute the killall command. In that way it doesn't get locked-up.

In the themes department did you check the other option provided?
like:
Code:
Nokia-N900:~# hildon-desktop -help

This is Matchbox Window Manager 2.

Usage: hildon-desktop [options]

Options:
  -display display      : X display to connect to (alternatively, display
                          can be specified using the DISPLAY environment
                          variable).
  -sm-client-id id      : Session id.
  -theme-always-reload  : Reload theme even if it matches the currently
                          loaded theme.
  -theme theme          : Load the specified theme
Nokia-N900:~#
Yeah... I've seeked that part already. Even tried to strace the personalisation_app when switching theme and I'm still browsing through the 2,6mb log to find out whatta hell is happening there :P

Your workaround ofcourse works for your app, but if user has any Qt widgets on his desktop (or other Qt app open), he'll end up having to reboot :P

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE