Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Ok right now themeing is done by installing a theme and then setting it and that theme sets everything from lockslider to, backgrounds, desktop, colors, icons and everything. What my idea is to have one theme you can install along with a program that lets you customize the theme. You can use the program to download a new icon pack only or new lockslider only or what ever you want to customizie. So you can have the lockslider from one theme and the icons from another.

I am willing to head this up. I will make the base theme. I will write guides to how to setup your zip files for your lockscreens, or icon packs, or any other parts. I will host a server where you can upload your zips. What I need is a programmer to write a program that you can open up, tell it what you want to customize and it will list all the packages for that. Then you download package and it replaces those files in the programs theme folder.

So for instance lets say you want to change your lockslider.
  • You open program
  • You Click LockSliders
  • Program shows all locksliders uploaded to server
  • You click one you want and tell it to install.
  • Program downloads zip, and extracts it in the programs theme folder overriding old files.
  • You change to Programs theme and you have new lockslider

I really need a programmer to make this work. If your intersted in this please contact me. This could allow unlimited custom sets. Also it helps artist that can't figure out how to theme because all they have to do is zip up file in a certain folder setup. Also program could have option to just load a local zip file you have also. Instead of downloading from server.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-02-26 at 16:29.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
Make some sort of online theme builder which then combines choises into a deb package and lets you download it - much better than replacing default theme, because if you fail somewhere replacing it might end up terribad

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You may want to contact code177 with that idea Andrew. He just released the Prismic wallpaper manager.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-02-26 at 18:56.

Originally Posted by Elhana View Post
Make some sort of online theme builder which then combines choises into a deb package and lets you download it - much better than replacing default theme, because if you fail somewhere replacing it might end up terribad
It wont overwrite default theme just a default one for the app, that you could reinstall if needed.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Update: I have one programmer(Brendan[BP]/blwthompson) working on the application right now, I am in need of someone who knows php/mysql to help with an upload script that will add entrys into a database table about the new file.

I also could use any more programmers willing to help. I will work on guides to setup your packages soon.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-02-26 at 18:30.

this shall be done it QT

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
I can offer php and mysql knowledge and also can help with unlimited bandwidth host if needed.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
I can offer php and mysql knowledge and also can help with unlimited bandwidth host if needed.
Sure I was cosidering hosting it on my godaddy account but if we can hook us up with unlimited bandwidth that would be great.

Project has a name. Buildon - Build your own Hildon theme.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Sure I was cosidering hosting it on my godaddy account but if we can hook us up with unlimited bandwidth that would be great.
Yep and it's not even expensive; 120EUR / year and includes 100/100mb connection, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, e-mails etc. Server is located at Innopoli (Espoo, Finland) and has also 24/7 running backup service in the same price. I'm using it for several web-projects for years.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE