Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Durham, NC
It's taking forever for my mameo mapper to get a gps fix --- way longer than it used to. The A-GPS cached data says it's not valid and when I click the update button nothing changes. It was last refreshed on 12/18/2010.

I found this bug with a workaround posted pretty recently (comment #5 on 5/23/11).

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11798#c5

Has anyone else done this and got A-GPS working again, and therefore gotten faster GPS fixes in Mameo Mapper? I am very nervous to use gconftool since I don't really know what I am doing. Thanks, as usual!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmart For This Useful Post:
You can copy those two lines to terminal and it'll work fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Durham, NC
Thanks auouymous! That's all I wanted to hear

I ran the two scripts and now my A-GPS cache is valid with a date of today, and Maemo Mapper is back to getting a fast fix!

Last edited by jmart; 2011-06-05 at 23:41.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Great White North
Originally Posted by jmart View Post
It's taking forever for my mameo mapper to get a gps fix --- way longer than it used to. The A-GPS cached data says it's not valid and when I click the update button nothing changes. It was last refreshed on 12/18/2010.

I found this bug with a workaround posted pretty recently (comment #5 on 5/23/11).

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11798#c5

Has anyone else done this and got A-GPS working again, and therefore gotten faster GPS fixes in Mameo Mapper? I am very nervous to use gconftool since I don't really know what I am doing. Thanks, as usual!
I found using supl.google.com works well also.....

Never mind. Google, shut down the server (or switched to something that I have not been able to locate..... Do you think I need a supl server to find a supl server? )

Last edited by electrolind; 2011-06-28 at 15:10. Reason: Change in supl.google.com