So there I was, cruising the internet looking for some hot new m̶i̶d̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶n̶ STUFF RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS when I found this (first result).

This appears to be someones stash of pirate software hosted on an FTP server. 'Oh cool', I thought when I found the gbr.pak (UK map) was around 10MB bigger than my current gbr.pak. Awesome! 10MB MOAR MAP! Alas this was not to be the case. Try as I might I could not make MM10 accept the map, I even went as far as chopping the header of my current teleatlas map and putting it on the bigger file (I think it is actually a monolithic file made of several smaller files).

Anyway after re-constucting my old setup I later on realised I had left the camera files from the new maps in with my old maps. The new camera file is around 10KB larger. There was also a '.nhs' file that came with it as well.

So, in conclusion...If you are using teleatlas maps (and quite possibly navteq, I think the '.cam' file is just a list of way points) you could potentially update your speedcamera database by using these .cam files on a country by country basis. I have and it all seems to work so far.

USING PIRATED WAREZ IS WRONG AND STEALING. IT IS IN NO WAY SIMILAR TO SELLING A PRODUCT THEN PULLING THE PLUG ON YOUR USERS WITHOUT WARNING. USERS WHO ARE SAVVY ENOUGH TO HAVE STOLEN YOUR SOFTWARE BUT BOUGHT IT ANYWAY TO SUPPORT YOUR COMPANY.

DO NOT USE FILES OR SOFTWARE YOU HAVE NO PAID FOR.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
The funny part is that I initially bought MM10, but I have to use hacked one to be able to use newer maps, as the one that comes with MM10(navtek, 2 MB in size) has 20% coverage in my country. While in the same time there is 18 MB teleatlas one available in torrents, which has about 120% percent coverage. Stupid Sygic guys, why it was so hard to ask me for another couple of bucks(which I would pay in an instant, as MM10 is a great software) and update MM10 with new map? But no, there is a corporate policy or whatever stupid reason to stop the support/upgrades.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I just use http://www.scdb.info/, don't know how good they are outside Europe, but for me, it's 10 euro well spent. And I can download it in many formats to suit all the devices I have

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Seems that Sygic Teleatlas 2011.03 Maps (not the link in 1st post which is Sygic Truck) work OK with N900 MM10. I just replaced old files with a new ones. Tested with Fin, Swe, Est maps.
It might be that MM10 (N900 version) cannot understand cam and nhs files. At least I couldn't find any possibility to use those.

This is just for education purpose, of cource

EDIT: Only upi files (POI) seems to work, not nhs.

Last edited by Gusse; 2011-12-18 at 11:21.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i was so exited about this that..i blew up again..downloaded files from my country from first post and didnt backup my maps dir...so now nothing is working..can you help me?

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
already unninstalled and reinstalled mm10, added new maps, and still not working......always ask me to choose my map set and then it crashes..any idea how to solve this? tks.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
if you have purchased it, ask sygic for support.
else google

Ay? Did you not read the first post AT ALL? The maps from the first post DO NOT WORK. The speed camera (*.cam) files do though. Hence the name of the thread 'updated speed cameras'

If you just deleted all your maps then you are a nugget.

Fortunatley for you there are several good...uh...sources of sygic and maps available.

Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist.

1. I am not linking to pirated material.
2. I payed sygic for mobile maps 10 (when I could have pirated it at 10% of the effort required to register that piece of crap) then they sh|tted in my face and withdraw all support. Now I cannot even get the .deb installer file to restore my software after a re-flash. NOW THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SEND ME A 'CHRISTMAS CARD' telling me how much of a **** they give.

SCREW SYGIC.

Last edited by vi_; 2011-12-19 at 10:43.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
oh wow
I shouldn't laugh, but
I feel your pain

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Hi.
To have "fresh" speedcams alerts on Sygic, you should use POIs:
Search for speedcams for the country you need, in .ov2 , convert them to .upi with Ov2Upi Translator, then convert them with POI convertor ("convert old UPI to SMM") and paste them in maps folder.
You can use your owns icons and voice alert, in folders RES/sounds and RES/icons: they just need to have the same name to match POIs.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cevenn For This Useful Post: