Originally Posted by ravelo View Post
Mentioning a few interesting informations from the posted video (most are already known, I still repeat it here):
- While watching the slide out process I got an idea now, why it could have a curved screen: It might be more comfortable to slide out the keyboard with a curved screen. It looks like it might even hurt a bit if the edges are "too sharp". Maybe someone could confirm this?
- The main camera is 12 MP Sony and a second one with 5 MP. The cameras do not pop out of a case. So it is nicely lying on a table. You can see a short sequence of typing on the table at 3min 13sec with two fingers.
- If you do not need a second SIM you can install memory up to 2 TB.
- Stereo Speakers.
- Camera shutter button.
- RGB notification LED (I have no idea what I could use this for at the moment).
- 10 hours talk time, 20 days standby time
- Android 9 Pie installed, upgrade to Q is planned as soon as available.
- Unlocking the bootloader will not void warranty.
- What I can see on the video: It looks like the keys are sticking out more than in the pictures from the versions last year, so I hope it's possible to actually type faster and maybe with more fingers than seen on the videos so far until now.
- Target audience are techies with a love for customization
- Easy to repair: Screen can be changed by opening screws, same with the battery. USB charging connection is on a separate PCB, so this could be changed also easily if it breaks in a few years (!)
- Next week the company will ask for the money transfer. Shipping from UK will start in the beginning of september.
Great summary, I think you nailed almost everything.
They really went to great lengths to underline how much this device is catered to the people. Any updates on warranties? Last I heard it was 2 years, but unsure if that applies to the US

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Great summary, I think you nailed almost everything.
They really went to great lengths to underline how much this device is catered to the people. Any updates on warranties? Last I heard it was 2 years, but unsure if that applies to the US
I think that is national thing... In EU it should be 2 years... Don't no about US... Does Apple [edit] and other supliers [/edit] give 2 year warranties in US?

[edit]
I dig more and warranty actually can be less than 2 years in EU but product liability insurance should be 2 years... I think. Maybe someone more qualified person could tell more...
[/edit]

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2019-07-27 at 21:41. Reason: Adding something...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Münsterland, Germany
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Has it been mentioned that the QWERTZ-request form is out?
Thank you mosen. IIRC there has not been an update about this, or I just didn't receive it yet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Has it been mentioned that the QWERTZ-request form is out?
https://www.fxtec.com/request-qwertz/

There you can request to change your order to qwertz
Nice. Though personally I would need scandic (with ÅÄÖ) so probably will need to go with English qwerty (and some kind of sticker solution) anyway.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Nice. Though personally I would need scandic (with ÅÄÖ) so probably will need to go with English qwerty (and some kind of sticker solution) anyway.
I can confirm that dead keys were working on the English Qwerty keyboard. So just typing " and a will result to ä.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I can confirm that dead keys were working on the English Qwerty keyboard. So just typing " and a will result to ä.
Good news, thanks. I really hope it will be possible to use US_international as keyboard to get ' and ` as dead keys too and use other accents such as ' + e = é, ` + e = è, ` + a = à, and so on, as well as special key combinations for ç.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Is it possible (softwarewise) to put different functions to keys? For example, if I would like to change "up arrow" to be Ä, would that be possible? Or if I change device (Android) language to Finnish will it somehow affect HW keyboard functionality?

EDIT: in a Finnish IO-Tech.fi forum a developer (with experience about these type of things: https://android.onse.fi/finqwerty/ ) has said that he can add scandic layout support for the keyboard if "manufacturer has not prevented it". I would assume that f(x)tec people would not prevent this so hopefully scandic layout support should be possible.

Last edited by OVK; 2019-07-29 at 06:03.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
About QWERTZ and such, the latest newsletter makes it official, and shipping dates are coming soon™:

Hello,

It's been another busy week for us all here at F(x)tec HQ. We've got more updates that we wanted to share with you, including shipping dates.

Factory latest

We are getting closer. This week we have been working on Google Mobile Services (GMS), finalising our Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) servers and fine-tuning a screen improvement for a solution to something our Japanese customers picked up on a few weeks ago. Thanks guys!

Germany Community Event

We were thrilled to meet Gerrman, Austrian and Dutch customers at our Hands-on Community event in Dusseldorf this week. We showcased the Pro1 QWERTZ keyboard layout and let everyone get plenty of hands-on time with the devices, with more positive feedback on both the device and the QWERTZ keyboard. We think the picture below sums up the the spirit of the afternoon. Danke!

QWERTZ keyboard

QWERTZ is now available! For European customers – if you want to modify your Pro1 order to QWERTZ keyboard layout please complete the following form

https://www.fxtec.com/request-qwertz/

Shipping of your Pro1s & Payment

We're locking down the shipping date with manufacturing this week which means we will soon be requesting payment for your Pro1. Look out for an email from us in the coming days for details and payment request to confirm your purchase.

There is very high demand, so to be one of the first to receive your Pro1 we advise you to complete payment as soon as you get the notification.

Have a great week.

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec
@Chen:
There is very high demand
Give us numbers !

Last edited by British; 2019-07-29 at 10:01. Reason: More words

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Looks like the F(x)Tec website is being upgraded also

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
anyone knows if it supports VoLTE and VoWIFI

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shubell For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit