Notices

Originally Posted by piebob View Post
i can search for tracks just fine, yes.
Strange. Anyway it seems that some functionality works ok anyway.. You said one particular playlist worked fine, how was this playlist added (was it e.g., automatically available when you logged in to Spotify the first time)? When you start QSpot, and the playlist data is loaded, do you receive any timeout message?

Also in what way did you get the Spotify account, do you e.g., have some US beta account?

Last edited by aenbacka; 2011-08-05 at 08:00.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I just want to thank you all that have supported me on the MeeGo device program, as I just found out that I have been accepted in the first round! This way it should be much easier to port QSpot to Harmattan (N9). I really appreciate all your support, it is a great pleasure to develop for this community!
Don't hesitate to make test builds available publicly
There are already many people with access to both N950 and N9 who can test your packages.

The Following User Says Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Strange. Anyway it seems that some functionality works ok anyway.. You said one particular playlist worked fine, how was this playlist added (was it e.g., automatically available when you logged in to Spotify the first time)? When you start QSpot, and the playlist data is loaded, do you receive any timeout message?

Also in what way did you get the Spotify account, do you e.g., have some US beta account?
the one playlist that works is one that the Spotify company published themselves, you can go back and read my earlier posts to get the name of it.

i got a Spotify account because it is now available in the US.

i do not get any timeout message when i load Qspot--the list of playlists loads fine, it is just when i go into any individual playlist, it loads no tracks. the page is blank. same for Yaspot. (and there is no timeout message then, either)

the one playlist that works is one that the Spotify company published themselves, you can go back and read my earlier posts to get the name of it.

i do not get any timeout message when i load Qspot--the list of playlists loads fine, it is just when i go into any individual playlist, it loads no tracks. the page is blank. same for Yaspot. (and there is no timeout message then, either)
Thanks for the info. One thing that could impact is in case the tracks in the playlist links to the tracks instead of refering to the tracks directly. Do you see some link icon next to the album names in the official Spotify client? This due to the fact that the current library does not handle linked tracks (such tracks do not show up in QSpot).

Edit: Did check the Hello America playlist by spotify, it does not contains any linked tracks therefore it works ok.

Last edited by aenbacka; 2011-08-06 at 07:29.

Originally Posted by abbra View Post
Don't hesitate to make test builds available publicly
There are already many people with access to both N950 and N9 who can test your packages.
Yes, I will try to make test builds available as soon as possible when I have got the base functionality to work.. Any help with testing / feedback is greatly appreciated.

One more idea; have you only tried with playlists created using iTunes, or have you tried with playlists created directly using the Spotify desktop client?

Also, if possible, could you provide a link to some of your playlists that do not work, so I could try them out myself to see what could be the problem?

Last edited by aenbacka; 2011-08-08 at 09:21.

I need to look into adding some debug info to QSpot so we can get more info on what exactly goes wrong when fetching playlist data. By the way does the search function work, can you search for tracks? How soon we can get it to work depends on what causes the problem, and if e.g., the underlying library also needs to be modified.
Hi I'm a UK user and playlists won't work for me either. Searches fine and plays searched track but won't download any playlists. They are not shared on my Spotify account. Logs in ok. Hate to say it but seems to work okay with Qtify ... but yours looks better.

Logged in from Xterm and it counts number of playlist and then gives me
"metadata updated"
for all (10) of them and then stops. It doesn't show any of the playlist names.

All playlists created on spotify desktop - where some tracks have a link next to them but that seems unavoidable on spotify.

Had this problem for weeks - uninstalled and re-installed and I am on the latest version.

Last edited by mikevenables; 2011-08-08 at 16:50.

Originally Posted by mikevenables View Post
Hi I'm a UK user and playlists won't work for me either. Searches fine and plays searched track but won't download any playlists. They are not shared on my Spotify account. Logs in ok. Hate to say it but seems to work okay with Qtify ... but yours looks better.

Logged in from Xterm and it counts number of playlist and then gives me
"metadata updated"
for all (10) of them and then stops. It doesn't show any of the playlist names.

All playlists created on spotify desktop - where some tracks have a link next to them but that seems unavoidable on spotify.

Had this problem for weeks - uninstalled and re-installed and I am on the latest version.
Thanks for the detailed problem description, I will need to look into what could be the cause of the problem. It should be possible to find some solution. The first step would be for me to be able to reproduce the problem. Qspot and qtify use different libs, so it might be related to that.

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Hi,

Thanks very much, QSpot has become quite usable.

I, too, suffered from this 'playlists fail to load' issue. Even over wlan. I have a lot of long playlists, probably several tens of thousands of songs altogether, so I wasn't so surprised that there were issues syncing them properly. However, all that disappeared a version or two ago, and now it works flawlessly.

Except... every now and then the phone drops connection for a longer period of time, which now causes QSpot to notify "connection lost to spotify backend system", and requiring "done" to be pressed. This prompt will usually be repeated 3-4 times, after which the client either crashes, or throws me back to the login screen. And for the death of me, I cannot understand why anyone would want such a prompt. If connection drops, I want it to silently attempt reconnecting to internet, and then automatic relogin, say every 3-5 minutes. Music stopping is all the clue I need to what's happening. Perhaps an unintrusive "Connection lost... attempting to reconnect in 1 minute" system message would be optimal.

Please, get that right and you have created a perfect app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Suurorca For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Suurorca View Post
Hi,

Thanks very much, QSpot has become quite usable.

I, too, suffered from this 'playlists fail to load' issue. Even over wlan. I have a lot of long playlists, probably several tens of thousands of songs altogether, so I wasn't so surprised that there were issues syncing them properly. However, all that disappeared a version or two ago, and now it works flawlessly.

Except... every now and then the phone drops connection for a longer period of time, which now causes QSpot to notify "connection lost to spotify backend system", and requiring "done" to be pressed. This prompt will usually be repeated 3-4 times, after which the client either crashes, or throws me back to the login screen. And for the death of me, I cannot understand why anyone would want such a prompt. If connection drops, I want it to silently attempt reconnecting to internet, and then automatic relogin, say every 3-5 minutes. Music stopping is all the clue I need to what's happening. Perhaps an unintrusive "Connection lost... attempting to reconnect in 1 minute" system message would be optimal.

Please, get that right and you have created a perfect app.
Glad to hear you like QSpot.. I agree that it is very annoying getting a connection lost popup that needs to be dismissed by the user, I will fix the connection lost / re-connect handling for the next QSpot version..

Tags
premium account, spotify