Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2017 @ Germany
HI everyone!

This is the official thread for the app Laufhelden which is a sport tracking application for Sailfish OS.

You can download and install the app from here.
The code is here.

I would like to use this thread for everything related to this app, e.g. feature requests, discussions about existing and new features, ...

This should also be the platform to coordinate the development of the app.

There is a file in which you can see what new features are coming to the next release and what is all planned for further releases. I will update the file from time to time.

Have fun using the app !

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
If you like to contribute you can record voice files for your language and send them to me or create a pull request on github. At the moment there are files for english and german.

You can find the voice files here.
The filenames should speak for themselves. Currently there are 6 voice files per language but I plan to add more in one of the next releases.
I recorded the files with my Jolla 1 phone and saved them as WAV. On Ubuntu I use Audacity to edit and cut the files.

Personally I really like female voices, maybe you own one or have "access" to one of those

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jdrescher View Post
Personally I really like female voices, maybe you own one or have "access" to one of those
HAHAHA

Thanks for the program ...

The Following User Says Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Forked from Rena, which is excellent
I have used my own slightly modified fork of Rena from the very beginning...

I have to check this out!

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
I could ask a few girls I know to help...

But wouldn't it make sense to also feature synthetic voice support ?

I would like to use this thread for everything related to this app, e.g. feature requests, discussions about existing and new features, ...
Feature parity with bwalter's Meerun ? :-D

More seriously:
if you add "skiing" to the list of sport, it would be great if there's a simple way to display "distance while going downhill" (i.e.: without lifts, as opposed to "total distance" as displayed by MeeRun).
MeeRun can display detailed path (and thus you can see each individual run downhill, or lift taken up), but lacks a simple display like most android/iOS ski tracking apps do.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Thank's for creating this thread.

I already did some work on the RecordPage.qml.

Below are some screenshots of the current state, one in silica display mode and one in amoled display mode. At the moment it just resembles meerun. There is still quite some work to make it fully work, but I'm on a good track.

How do you like it?

The current code is here
Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hias For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
But wouldn't it make sense to also feature synthetic voice support ?

Feature parity with bwalter's Meerun ? :-D

More seriously:
if you add "skiing" to the list of sport, it would be great if there's a simple way to display "distance while going downhill" (i.e.: without lifts, as opposed to "total distance" as displayed by MeeRun).
MeeRun can display detailed path (and thus you can see each individual run downhill, or lift taken up), but lacks a simple display like most android/iOS ski tracking apps do.
Synthetic voice support: I find synthetic voices in most cases annoying. Also no idea how to achieve that.
Feature parity: maybe one day, working on that
More seriously: the next release will have the pauses working and also an auto pause feature. This should help to see each individual run.
I will also add skiing to the activities.
I might add distance while going down/up in a future release.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Re synthetic voices: TTS engines have developed quite a bit. If you have access to PC, try http://mary.dfki.de/ for OpenSource version. For SFOS, you could use mimic (based on flite; recommended voices {"male": "ap", "female": "slt"}; English only) or picoTTS (de, en, es, fr, it). If you can prerecord you'll probably get better results, but TTS is an option these days as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hias View Post
I already did some work on the RecordPage.qml.
Yeah that's meerun style man!
I looked into your code and really like your programming style, it's much more cleaner than mine...

However I see a few problems. There are reasons why I did not replicate meeruns record screen.
- I like Laufhelden beeing independantly of meerun and hopefully doing things better where it is possible, so no need to copy meerun style.
- I don't like the bad using of display space in meerun. I think the values letters should be larger.

Don't get me wrong I really appreciate your work. But the meerun record page style is just not right for me.
My suggestion would be that we add your page layout as an option. Maybe you can keep your record page in a different qml file and the user can choose that one in the settings.
We can also make your style the default one as it may be the best for most of the users.

Keep up your good work!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jdrescher For This Useful Post:
Yeah that's meerun style man!
I looked into your code and really like your programming style, it's much more cleaner than mine...
That comes from my laziness. I don't want to write more code than necessary and also don't like debugging that much

However I see a few problems. There are reasons why I did not replicate meeruns record screen.
- I like Laufhelden beeing independantly of meerun and hopefully doing things better where it is possible, so no need to copy meerun style.
- I don't like the bad using of display space in meerun. I think the values letters should be larger.

Don't get me wrong I really appreciate your work. But the meerun record page style is just not right for me.
My suggestion would be that we add your page layout as an option. Maybe you can keep your record page in a different qml file and the user can choose that one in the settings.
We can also make your style the default one as it may be the best for most of the users.

Keep up your good work!
I would suggest to have two pages only as last option, it makes maintaining the software harder. This was just a starting point for me. Let's try to make it configurable. There for sure are people who like it in different ways so making just two pages doesn't solve their issues.

What are your main itches with my current proposal? One thing is the size of the letters. That's easily solvable.
Attached Images

Tags
heart rate, running, sport, sport tracker