Hello guys, sorry for any inconvenience - My English is quite bad. Just from the start:

Looong time ago someone very smart prepared Linux for old Siemens SX1 - model based on Symbian S60v1. I found a source code of this and this is piece of nice work. I even found some blog of guy, which tried to port uBoot from this Siemens to Nokia N70. Link here:
https://n70linux.wordpress.com/

I think it will be quite possible to port Linux on S60v3 based devices. The main reason is OMAP 2420 used in most of these phones, Linux works with OMAP SoC's from 2.6 version and it never was cut so even newest kernel version should run well. My question is - There is any person which was working on BB5 platform earlier? Because BB5 is a physical chip which secures bootloader and other sensitive stuff like IMEI, radio frequencies, simlock and other stuff like that. And I also want to learn something new. At this moment I bought a lot of different uC's, genuine Nokia Boxes for flashing and this funny device which goes instead of battery to touch some test pins. The device which I'm working on is N95-2 RM-320.
My idea at this moment is to try to listen communication between BB5 chip and CPU and try to override some signals using external uC. This should allow me to install prepared earlier uBoot. I will get more info when I got my chips and other electronics stuff.

Best regards.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Very smart you say eh?
It wasn’t me.

Why do you want to do that?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

For fun. And maybe if project will be enough advanced, These Linux can be usable without any problem. I completely forgot, Nokia N810 have exactly this same CPU like most Symbian phones.

Edit:
Okay, some nice news - Symbian S60v3 has some application similar to process hacker for windows, this one allows me to look at memory byte by byte. I am curious if some part of memory is secured. I also found some nice 2.6 kernel for OMAP 2420 compiled by TI, perfect for more tests in future.
I also changed my mind - My first work will be make uBoot running from working Symbian OS. After achieving this I can try to think about replacing genuine firmware.

Last edited by Trzyzet; 2018-12-05 at 22:23.