Given the push to sell the remaining N800s, shouldn't we have some N900 details by now?

Hopefully we may hear something this week!

Just wait for wednesday.

It hasn't even been a year and the N800 is already tanking and moving on. How is this a good approach by Nokia to encourage people who bought the N800 as early adopters of Internet Tabletness to come back again?

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
How is it not?

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Yes, are you saying that it would be preferrable not to come with new devices?

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Nokia is a mobile phone company. New models get added and old ones dropped every few weeks :-)
(Don't bother about it - the N800 is an outstanding device that brings a lot of fun. An eventual N810 would probably have exactly the same OS as the N800, so this additional device only broadens the user- and developer base. Not the hardware is the problem right now, but the missing software and the tedious software development process)

Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
Yes, are you saying that it would be preferrable not to come with new devices?
So by your implication, you wouldn't care if you paid money for the new N810, only to have a newer version come out a few months later and all support shifted to that device?

Originally Posted by Naranek View Post
How is it not?
So if someone invests in a relatively new device and paid a good amount of money, only for the support and relevance of the device to drop within a few months in favor of a new model, this would make the person want to buy again? Please, logic.

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Nokia is a mobile phone company. New models get added and old ones dropped every few weeks :-)
(Don't bother about it - the N800 is an outstanding device that brings a lot of fun. An eventual N810 would probably have exactly the same OS as the N800, so this additional device only broadens the user- and developer base. Not the hardware is the problem right now, but the missing software and the tedious software development process)
I understand what you're saying, but I think its pretty strange to apply mobile phone standards of marketing to a device which has been consistently touted as an "internet tablet", not a cell phone. If they cared so much to make this distinction, I would at least hope they would treat the device with a different approach and attitude compared to cell phones. And once the new device comes out, I expect the N800 to end up like the N770, obsolete. Just looking at all the posts of hopeless N770 users trying to go through endless hacks and programming to get the newer features and add-ons for the N800 just makes it even more depressing. But at least Nokia named it N770 for a reason, giving some clue about its intentions with the device.