If it is due to release mid November... which is only 21 days from now, I still have not seen any sites that have it up for Pre-Order. No Amazon, No Newegg, No J&R. This is a concern that it might not be out by mid November.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Someone recently posted links to pre-order sites here.

Haven't been able to find that. I would be interested.

I do hope Amazon gets it on release. They did with the Archos 605... so the chances are good I guess.

Mobile City Online is the first I have found to offer Preorder.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ A quiet place.
Originally Posted by Glenn7500 View Post
Mobile City Online is the first I have found to offer Preorder.
Anyone ordered from there before?

What is this "Built-in FM transmitter" in N810? It says in the product specifications in Mobilecity.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
There is no FM Transmitter in the n810. It was said by many people which have test n810 pre release device.

I feel better getting it from amazon. mobile city looks pretty safe though. I might go though this.

I'm wondering. since this is "step 3 of 5" i'm a little weary of being an early adopter based on what happend w/ the n770 and n800.... is it worth picking this up as an out of the box internet tablet? or wait and see whatelse nokia has in store.

Originally Posted by kingka View Post
I'm wondering. since this is "step 3 of 5" i'm a little weary of being an early adopter based on what happend w/ the n770 and n800.... is it worth picking this up as an out of the box internet tablet?
Considering the base hardware is almost unchanged from the N800, the SDHC corruption problem etc. that plagued the N800 would probably be unlikely to recur.

Reviewers have been very impressed by the build quality of the N810, and my main look-and-feel grudges with the N800 (loose-feeling battery cover and lack of transflective screen) are fixed.

The software stack is closer to desktop Linux too, which should mean more 3rd party apps. Nokia just need to beef up the PIM apps (and support more media formats -- OGG!) for this to be really sweet.