I've been trying to install Python 2.5 runtime on the 770, however it always results in errors. Initially I figured they were related to other things I had installed, done, etc... but after reflashing (OS2006 latest) today and attempting to install I am continuously geeted with the same error:

Unable to install python2.5-runtime
Packages missing:
python2.5-bluez >= 0.9.1-1osso3

I have tried searching for the same issue, but haven't seen it in the forums/google (unless I completely missed it).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aural For This Useful Post:
I am having the exact same problem. I started a thread in the "trouble shooting" section of the forum and i am about to try and install it again, on the advice i was given. http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=10986
If i can install it, i`ll post on that thread. If you manage to install it, can you let me know how its done. Thanks!

Well, I reflashed (something unrelated broke) and the very first things I did were restore, so I had all my connection data/ preferences back, and then go to the Python site on maemo.org and 1) install the repositories, then 2) Installed python.

The only thing I did different from the last time I flashed and tried was last time I installed becomeroot and xterm, then using those restored my backed up sources.list (to restore my repositories).

I wouldn't think that xterm or become root would mess with python, but they seem to be the only difference.

On the other hand, from looking at the other thread about this I'd think that maybe trying to install "python2.5_2.5.1-1osso2_i386.deb" from the python repository might work since it was complaining about osso3. I don't really know, but I hope something of this will help.

Thanks

i was told his problem is fixed after i refreshed the package list it installed smoothly
cheers

Yep i just installed it no problem at all.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
I could only install it as root even after the package was fixed (apt-get update from xterm).

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
yoU CAN INSTALL both the base and 2.5 version from carman's homepage for the n800.