Active Topics

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ London, UK
Hey All!

I need a hand from you brainy bunch!

I need remote desktop access to two different internet connected PCs running winXP. At the moment I'm doing this from my other WinXP box via a web service. Is there a way for me to achieve this from my N800?

I've got a little experience with Linux so don't mind getting my hands a little dirty .

Any help appreciated

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Bigga View Post
Hey All!

I need a hand from you brainy bunch!

I need remote desktop access to two different internet connected PCs running winXP. At the moment I'm doing this from my other WinXP box via a web service. Is there a way for me to achieve this from my N800?

I've got a little experience with Linux so don't mind getting my hands a little dirty .

Any help appreciated

rdesktop will connect you to windows XP, but I believe you need external keyboard. vnc is also avalable

rdesktop works fine, the only problem I have noticed is that you cant save more than one PC:s connection information in the GUI at a timee.

In Accessories->Accessibility You can find the onscreen keyboard, with that you can do pretty much anything you want on an XP machine. The XP userinterface even scales quite well to 800x480.

-Tom

Thanks Tom. Is there a workaround for the connection information in the GUI? Failing that how do I get hold of the config files for rdesktop from within the N800?

Thanks

Just went off to try this but after I put the connection info into the dialog box the program just exits.

*Edit*

Duh! Should try enabling remote desktop in the target first!

Last edited by Bigga; 2007-10-27 at 14:59.