Active Topics

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
I recently contributed to a thread regarding file transfers and I asked an unrelated question about using my N800. I asked if there was a way to see what applications (or processes) are currently running on my N800. A helpful chap suggested I install an app known as CPU/Mem/Screenshot load-applet. I tried this several times but the end result was the same.... I get an error on my N800 informing me that the application would not install due to incompatibility with current software.

Either the CPU/Mem/Screenshot thing doesn't like my firmware (4.2007.38-2) or there is a conflicting application installed. Anyone know what the root cause is? My current list of installed applications is:

becomeroot
camera
canola
canola green invasion theme
eggtimer
fmradio
free42
gizmo-project
kagu
libgtkadi1
libuiw
meamo mapper
maemo recorder
meamochron
mclock
microb-browser
mplayer
osso-xterm
python2.5-runtime
quetoo
skype-ui
themes-os06-14pt
vncviewer
wifiinfo
x11vnc

I know that if I uninstall all of these applications and then try to install the CPU/Mem/Screenshot thing and it installs then I've proven 4.2007.38-2 is compatible but you can understand why I would be reluctant to uninstall all these applications (even if it is temporary).

Can someone please goto :

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/load-applet

and try to install this on a N800 and tell me if you can get it to install? If is does install on your N800 machine, can you tell me if you are running firmware 4.2007.38-2? Thanks a million. Regards M5

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Works for me on 4.2007.26-8 but I had to uninstall load-applet-run (a similar applet) first or I got an error like yours.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
The auto install doesn't work. You need to go to that page, click on "Homepage", then click on download and choose this version: load-applet_0.6.4-2_armel.deb

Don't try to install the 0.8x version as that is for the next release of the OS.

Originally Posted by frasej View Post
The auto install doesn't work. You need to go to that page, click on "Homepage", then click on download and choose this version: load-applet_0.6.4-2_armel.deb

Don't try to install the 0.8x version as that is for the next release of the OS.
I tried both methods ( click to install & install the .deb file from my SD card ) each gave me the same error. I was trying version 0.6.3.

I'll download 0.6.4.2 to a SD card and try that next. I'll report back my results. Thanks Frasej.

-----results-----

Yup, that was the trick. It was necessary to use version 0.6.4-2 from the homepage. The file version on the maemo site was 0.6.3 and refused to install. 0.6.4-2 installed and runs great. Thanks for the help ! M5