I bought an N800 used, without the manual but I did check the online one, and didn't see any answer to this.

Is there any way to make the applications menu pop up by holding down one of the hardware buttons or anything, or is the on-screen button the only way to do so?

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Sorry, but the on-screen Application Launcher button is the only way (via stylus or thumb).

Tim

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Sorry, but the on-screen Application Launcher button is the only way (via stylus or thumb).
Check out powerlaunch for maemo:

"A short poweroff press by itself turns the device into the "softpoweroff" mode. But a short powerkey press followed by other keys (within some short time) instead can launch programs. This allows you to have a very easy way to turn the device off (one key press) and a very easy way to launch programs."

http://powerlaunch.garage.maemo.org/

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
I bought an N800 used, without the manual but I did check the online one, and didn't see any answer to this.

Is there any way to make the applications menu pop up by holding down one of the hardware buttons or anything, or is the on-screen button the only way to do so?
The manual to the N800 is a PDF on the device itself. There is a quick start guide that came in paper form and generic manual about batteries, etc...

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by dkwatts View Post
Check out powerlaunch for maemo:

"A short poweroff press by itself turns the device into the "softpoweroff" mode. But a short powerkey press followed by other keys (within some short time) instead can launch programs. This allows you to have a very easy way to turn the device off (one key press) and a very easy way to launch programs."

http://powerlaunch.garage.maemo.org/
Interestingly, BT on/off is on the list of todos. Also, getting rid of mce is on that list; commendable.

I'm reluctant to try powerlaunch as it stands, because I made some extensive changes to that mce config file and, not having ssh, the odds of bricking my N800 with powerlaunch are above average.

I do hope they port this gem to ITOS2008 before it launches, as it has the potential for making the tablets even more independent of Nokia's meddling/bungling...