Notices

Hi all.

I'm going back and forth between bloglines and the default RSS reader app on my Nokia 770. The deal is that I'd really just like to have an app on the Nok that did it, but the one on the 770 is, well, less than ideal.

Does anyone have any recommendations for another RSS reader? Bloglines is just fugly.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
Hi all.

I'm going back and forth between bloglines and the default RSS reader app on my Nokia 770. The deal is that I'd really just like to have an app on the Nok that did it, but the one on the 770 is, well, less than ideal.

Does anyone have any recommendations for another RSS reader? Bloglines is just fugly.
I us claws mail plus the RSSyl Plugin. Give it try

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Orlando, FL
Is there an easy way to install the RSS plugin in claws? The website did not seem to have a straightforward one-click install.

Originally Posted by mustalinux View Post
Is there an easy way to install the RSS plugin in claws? The website did not seem to have a straightforward one-click install.
If you have the claws repository, it should be a package you can install.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Orlando, FL
thanks tps. didn't look at the repository after installing claws. I will check out the RSS plugin. Hopefully it will be faster and more flexible than the native n800 reader.

Thanks! I'm installing now.

Originally Posted by mustalinux View Post
thanks tps. didn't look at the repository after installing claws. I will check out the RSS plugin. Hopefully it will be faster and more flexible than the native n800 reader.
It's definately better. The only thing I can't figure out how to do yet, is use the Claws RSS reader as the default, especially when clicking on a 'subscribe' link. I'm just too lazy to figure it out at this point, so I enter it all manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to tps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by tps View Post
It's definately better. The only thing I can't figure out how to do yet, is use the Claws RSS reader as the default, especially when clicking on a 'subscribe' link. I'm just too lazy to figure it out at this point, so I enter it all manually.
Same for me...

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
Same for me...
But, it does work, and since I keep claws open all the time, its lightning fast. I can work with non-integration if the app is worthwhile. I'm a geek.