Active Topics

Well for those of you who managed to flash it what are your thoughts? Here are a few things I noticed after playing with it for an hour.

- Youtube works well, as stated it would
- Rhapsody works very well. Sometimes you have to start a track again to see the cover and information though
- Rhapsody home applet is very cool. I can play, pause/resume, skip from home screen
- Xterm from fresh install is nice
- Very thumb ready. Menu's are thumb size whether you use stylus or thumb. Some might want smaller menu's especially when adding lots of programs though
- Built in email applet still doesn't work with Gmail IMAP! It shows the headers, but you cannot retrieve the messages. I guess some things will never change.
- You cannot rearrange home screen applets. Puzzling...
- Looks pretty cool.
- loading bar from startup is light blue instead of dark blue.

Originally Posted by MstPrgmr View Post
- You cannot rearrange home screen applets. Puzzling...
You can drag applets anywhere anytime.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
I was able to drag the applets around.
weird it doesn't work for you.
well actually no its not.
its not meant for the device its being used on.
so everyone might get different results.

Oh, correction. Applets can be moved by dragging it anytime. I was looking for the old OS 2007 style rearrangement and couldn't find it. It works great. Dragging is much better.

Originally Posted by MstPrgmr View Post
- Built in email applet still doesn't work with Gmail IMAP! It shows the headers, but you cannot retrieve the messages. I guess some things will never change.
hi,

I just flashed my N800 to OS2008.

There is a way to retrieve the messages and attachment.

Go to your ADVANCED settings for email. Check out Incoming tabs > Retrieve > choose "Messages and attachments"

Hope this help.

I've tried that and it didn't work. Are you using Gmail IMAP? Gmail IMAP causes the built in mail applet to lock up in OS 2007 and it seems to be no different in OS 2008. I have not heard any gmail imap success stories for any OS

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Poland
I have just flashed new 2008OS. It,s great and much faster. But sip calls doesn't work properly. Has anybody tried sip calls ?

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Gmail IMAP is the culprit here.
Sometimes it as issues.

I was just speaking about it with a friend in the US while we were both trying the mail application with Gmail IMAP and we had the very same issues that disappears at almost the same *time*.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by jaros View Post
I have just flashed new 2008OS. It,s great and much faster. But sip calls doesn't work properly. Has anybody tried sip calls ?
I have setup my Asterisk server and SIPGate accounts , both work fine for me.

Haven't tried my SIPPhone / GizmoProject account yet though.

The Following User Says Thank You to cybergypsy For This Useful Post:
I like how you can now use any SIP server for internet calling, but I haven't figured out how to get it to work with my Gizmo/SIPphone account either without using the native Gizmo app (I'd much prefer just a normal SIP client for it.)

Gmail's IMAP implementation is horrible from what I've seen, most clients have issues with it.

I just hope more programs are ported to OS2008 quickly, because there's been a bunch I couldn't use yet.