hi, id like to ask a question here, cause i dont know where else can they help me with this.

im from israel, and im going to usa in 10 days, and id like to buy an iphone, does anyone knows how can i buy without the at&t package, cause im not an american citizen. do you know if they will sell it to me in an apple store?

thanks a lot

Iphone is currently working on the at&t cellphone network. since you`re not from the US you should try and buy an unlocked Iphone from like ebay and then get a carrier on your homeground! P.S Unlocked Iphones tend to brick if updated! ( why get an Iphone when you can get a Nokia n800 )

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
if you want unlock i-phones i'm your man just private message me and i'll give you the store address easy to fine in nyc

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Originally Posted by loaderr View Post
Iphone is currently working on the at&t cellphone network. since you`re not from the US you should try and buy an unlocked Iphone from like ebay and then get a carrier on your homeground! P.S Unlocked Iphones tend to brick if updated! ( why get an Iphone when you can get a Nokia n800 )
ebay? i would never buy any device off ebay..

Short of (rapidly outdated, since not updateable) unlocked devices or (insanely expensive) international roaming on a carrier contract from another country, there is no way of getting an iphone and getting it to work in places where no carrier has them yet (which does not limit you to the US/AT&T, though, several European carriers will be selling them in time for X-mas, and might have cheaper roaming charges in Israel than AT&T).

Sevo

Apple is also tracking all iPhone users (IMEI ) so that another reason (if you needed any more...) to stay away from the icrap.

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/11/12686/

I know it's the wrong country but supposedly France has made Apple offer an unlocked version there (restrictive practise laws). You might be able to get one over the net when they are released.

Originally Posted by Jejoma View Post
I know it's the wrong country but supposedly France has made Apple offer an unlocked version there (restrictive practise laws). You might be able to get one over the net when they are released.
Even if you get an unlocked one you are still in a 2 year contract with 02 (EU) or AT&T (US).

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
you can go to any store and buy one without signing a contract. activating on iTunes is when you have to sign up. of course there are other ways around it.

There is one caveat, you have to purchase it with a credit card. They do not take cash for iPhones anymore.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
This is the "real" iphone (prior to Steve Jobs, et.al. deciding it was ok to just take the trademark that belonged to someone else, at the time). Meh, Apple...how lame.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...VisitorWrapper

Last edited by xxM5xx; 2007-11-22 at 08:25.