Active Topics

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Not that I have an N810, but I just visited GizmoProject's download page and as of yesterday (11/20/07) they are offering the Gizmo Client for the N810. This must be a "fresh" version. 4.0.0.95

The Following User Says Thank You to xxM5xx For This Useful Post:
Theres a link already made in the default apps for the n810. But gizmo isn't actually installed.

Once it's installed it works good. I made a new account and got 10cents free for calling , so I put in a landline phone and it called. I was amazed. However I can't get the web cam to work for nokia to pc.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Yes, as of yesterday Nokia had not had the link yet. Glad it is there now. Are you using OS2008? or 2007 on an N800?

The Gizmo version 4 beta (for Windoze) is supposed to work N8xx to PC video however I don't recommend trying it on a LAN (where both your N8xx and the PC are on the same local network) as there can be NAT issues. I tried it here on my network to a laptop I have hardwired to my router and it somewhat worked ( I was using an N800 with the Gizmo for OS2007, Gizmo Version3.1(v78) to test). I don't know anyone to call "in the wild" who is running Gizmo 4 for the PC to do any further video testing.

Now that you have Gizmo Project running, you need to get yourself a PSTN number and link it to your Gizmo SIP. Get your Gizmo SIP number. It can be found on your Internet Tablet by clicking upper left corner, then accounts, then my profile, then scroll down a little, you'll see SIP). Give that number when registering for IPKall (IPKall.com) use what IPKall gives you and POTS users can ring your Gizmo Project on you Nokia Internet Tablet.

Enjoy,
M5
Happy Thankgiving

Last edited by xxM5xx; 2007-11-23 at 01:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxM5xx For This Useful Post:
I'm using os2008 on a n810.

Does any of what you said cost any money. Because after seeing the web cameras quality...I don't want to go out of my way to get video in chats hehe

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The webcam is just fine for videochatting.. because no one needs 8 megapixel images when doing so.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
i did this with os2008 on my n800, gizmo running on both tablet and pc. i'll put together a video and have it upon tablet-guru by monday.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
Not that I have an N810, but I just visited GizmoProject's download page and as of yesterday (11/20/07) they are offering the Gizmo Client for the N810. This must be a "fresh" version. 4.0.0.95
Right, I just checked and this is the version I have, yet, I can't seem to get it to work. Not just the video, but the audio as well. I place a call, it rings but there's no 'answer me' dialog box or alert window. After three seconds, it auto-answers and shows me as 'on the phone' even though I'm really not. Hmmmm...it's like something is missing, like a plug-in, or a setting overlooked. The chat function works, but not the phone. Has this happened to others? Ideas?

Which raises, for me, the larger question, perhaps, of how to use the sip phone functionality of my N810 with a pc client other than Gizmo.

I have already realized that I don't really need the video (it would be fun, of course), but to make best use of the built in contacts app, it seems like the sip phone is the way to go. I was, with Zerojay's guidance (thanks again Zero), able to set up my N810. But I'm lonely...I want to talk to my bride when she's at home on her laptop in the morning and this Gizmo thing just aint workin'!

PS I also just got a GrandCentral number...I have no idea how that will help, but seems like it ought to be useful

Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
i did this with os2008 on my n800, gizmo running on both tablet and pc. i'll put together a video and have it upon tablet-guru by monday.
Video is up over at Tablet-guru.com

The Following User Says Thank You to rcadden For This Useful Post:
I still can't get video to work on a gizmo call from my Nokia N810 to PC. I notice you did it on a N800 maybe the camera is different I dunno.

Originally Posted by Karwee View Post
I still can't get video to work on a gizmo call from my Nokia N810 to PC. I notice you did it on a N800 maybe the camera is different I dunno.
Note that you need to be running the latest BETA on the PC. Once in a phone call, simply click the video icon and you should be up and running.